Sign in with
Your question

No Cross Platform - PC Only

Last response: in Video Games
February 14, 2010 4:41:54 PM

please list any recent titles? preferable fps. looking for:

full set of user variables (the way it uses to be)
configurable graphics
no porting bugs
made for mouse (no sixaxis controllers, iron sights and limited mobility)
smarter AI and more player options
in general a better game

has this completely disappeared?
console, i give you the stink-eye :heink: 

More about : cross platform

February 14, 2010 5:08:01 PM

Why dont you just say "a great FPS for PC"?
Bad company 2 is my suggestion.
Related resources
February 14, 2010 6:31:55 PM

Um no its not a port. MW2 was a port. Do not assume that every game is a port. especially since the PC has the beta and ps3/xbx has a demo. and of course people are having problems with a beta!!!!!
February 14, 2010 7:05:49 PM

well that article said:

Quote:
the Xbox 360 version is a more polished demo version while the PC is a rough demo port from consoles

plus the hit boxes are too big for mouse because controllers suck :lol: 
February 14, 2010 7:08:46 PM

and if i told you that BF2 was originally on atari would you believe me? dont believe EVERYTHING you read man. and no its not more polished but its SO much easier for companies to make console games because the game only needs to support that exact hardware. Whereas for pc games, they need to support a whole plethora of pc components which means more problems are possible.
EDIT: what are "hit boxes"?
February 14, 2010 9:41:24 PM

well just reporting what it said! hitboxes = invisible target areas where projectiles register. they make em bigger cause console controllers lack mouse precision (i.e. let's dumb-down the pc version)
February 14, 2010 10:25:04 PM

But the PC version is not dumbed down because it ISNT a port.
February 15, 2010 3:28:47 PM

picture_perfect said:
Yes IT IS a port but they are making modifications for the PC.

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16369/39/

I salute in hope they can pull it off but its really not the point is it.
Cross platform means compromises somewhere. i am shocked :ouch:  at PC gaming.

Well the compromise is between having pretty good games or no game at all. Consoles = more money and greater profits which = more money being spent on developing now games. It's not perfect but don't assume that PC exclusive means a game is going to be better. PC exclusive automatically (in most cases) means less profitability which means less time and money is going to be spent on making that game. Look at Crysis and all that was put into making that the supposed gold standard for PC exclusives. It's not a bad game but there is still a ton missing and there are a lot of cross platform titles I'd much rather spend my time playing. What was the last great PC exclusive anyways? I think a lot of PC gamers have built up this fantasy of the greatness of PC exclusives that isn't necessarily true anymore.
!