Impressions OF Bad Company

gladiator_mohaa

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Ok, here are some thoughts about my experience and curious what others think.

#1 Weapons are way to weak and hopefully since there is half dedicated support (meaning that you have to get your server from those who have been Knighted worthy by EA) and admins are going to be able control most features hopefully they can turn up the lethality.

2# They need to add the ability to side step while running. That is so bothersome the fact that you cant look a little to the side while running with out changing your entire direction you are running.

3# I love realism....but does sniping really need to be that hard? I mean come on. It almost seams as though they add fog and crap to your field of view while looking through the scope even if it is there or not when not looking through the scope.

Any one else have any thoughts on this?

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Ok i assume you are talking about bad company 2? and
1) they are not weak, unless you are still using the original guns and have not unlocked any new ones
2) it would be a nice addition but using the mouse to change direction while sprinting is just fine assuming you have your sensitivity right. PLUS, sprinting is to get from A to B quickly. Your accuracy would be harmed so badly that it would even be worth being able to shoot or look to the side while doing it.
3) sniping is not hard. i have unlocked 2 new sniper rifle and 2 new scopes in the last 2 weeks. if you understand the physics of the game, you would realize that its just fine. But at long distances, you must aim slightly above because of gravity.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
1. From what I hear in the BF forum, weapons won't be changed in the beta but it sounds like they are looking at the damage for the final version. I hate to jump on this damage train but the other night I unloaded a full F2000 clip into a guys chest and he was still at 50% health. We were both stationary and very close to one another so I know every bullet hit. I like the idea to force people to go for head shots but 50% damage from one clip is pretty week I think. In comparison, I can kill someone with one clip of the 1911 pistol. To me, that doesn't seem like a good balance.

2. Strafing while sprinting will not be added and I am fine with that as well. The reason that I read was that it was not in any previous battlefields so it sounds like they are solid on that one. P.S. prone will also not making it in and they are very solid about that one.

3. The bloom effect on the sniper scope was brought up as a complaint in the feedback threads and I agree too. The scope FOV is small enough so I don't like the visual blur/bloom effect around the edges taking up any more area.

gladiator_mohaa

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Well JDV i would have to disagree, last time i checked it still hurts to be get with a bullet and the weapons need not have that much variation in damage values with in reason. I know a 45 will take you down faster than a 9mm so maybe one bullet in the chest with a 45 equals a kill where it might take two 9mm bullets but in the game i can see i hit them 5 or 6 times and they dont go down. That needs changing.

You are correct I have not yet unlocked more weapons but the fact remains it take way to many bullets.

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
No prone. mostly because that would make sniping so much more lethal than it already is. listen, one game with me ONLY sniping, i can guarantee i will be in the top 3 players on a 10 persons team. @spinach, i like the f200 but it is more of an oversized uzi than anything. accuracy bad, damage bad, rate of fire very high, sounds like an uzi. @gladiator again, do you expect this game to be a real life simulator? its fun because they ARENT one hit kills, it gives everyone a chance.

gladiator_mohaa

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
@ JDV I just want more bullet damage. It should not be arcade game realism. So yes I love realism with in reason. If I hit someone 5 or 6 times regardless of the gun you ain't fighting anymore. Makes people play better. Make you think more. Makes everyone better. Makes the game more fun. I expect arcade realism from something like Team Fortress 2, not a game that looks as cool as Bad Company 2.

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
personally, with a 30 round clip in most weapons, you shouldnt be able to kill 5 or 6 people. that is stupid. Personally, i think people say that there isnt enough damage because the just spray and assume all the bullets hit but the damage isnt high enough. Not insulting anybody. but killing 2 or MAYBE 3 people with one clip is good.

gladiator_mohaa

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Ok, let me be more clear. I understand that while in combat not every bullet will hit. So with that said , lets say we fire 20 bullets and 5 or 6 of those hit the target (the enemy) that guy needs to hit the ground. Come on man, who assumes every bullets hits. That should not need to be explained.

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
no he should not die with 5 or 6 shots. i think thats unfair. thats giving him no chance. so it comes down to who ever sees the other first gets the kill FOR SURE which is stupid imo. you should have a chance to fire your weapon. also, check your Private messages at bottom of main forum page.

OllieUK

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I think there is some work to be done in the pistol vs rifle balance. In 2142 it felt about right, if you caught someone unawares with a pistol you could beat their assault rifle but in a 50/50 the assault rifle usually won out.. but in BC2 the number of 50/50s I've lost with an assault rifle against a sniper and his pistol at short-med range just doesn't quite add up at the mo. On the other hand at med range the assault rifles seem to drop people quite well. Sometimes it just doesn't quite feel right at the mo.

But on the whole looks very promising, looking forward to some of the more traditional BF conquest style matches and see how the squadplay goes..

Shoot in the head; half the classes have heavy armor, and shooting them in the chest (especially with 5.56 rounds) does little damage.

Damage is about the same as it was in BF2; I've gone on killstreaks with the default engineer gun on a regular basis...(20 round clip, so its a cripple...). Single, precise shots to the upper body is the way to go, just like in BF2 for mid-range combat.

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

Yea, but look at the rate of fire, of they have a nice mouse that has almost zero click resistance, they can get out almost as many shots as you, BUT with better accuracy because pistols dont spray, and with something like an SMG, those are tiny rounds, exactly why it takes so many to kill someone. I actually stopped using them, the only guns i use now are sniper, shotgun, and huge medic guns. (plus pistols of course)

SMG's are really useless except as spray and prey and short range, and single shots at mid-long range. Just like BF2, very, very few guns are good at full auto at any range whatsoever.

I'll say again, after 5 years of BF2, weapon damage feels about the same. Personally, I think some of the default guns need their accuracy lowered a notch or two...

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

SMGs are useless because thats what people do, spray and pray (that some will hit lol) They dont do much damage, dont have good range, and dont have that great of accuracy. I dont see why people use them.
EDIT: i agree fully with you :)

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

Yeah, big time. The engineer's base rifle is practically a sniper rifle with iron sights. It has almost no kick either so people can head shot like crazy with it.

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

Wow i never even tried that gun besides in the very beginning. Hehe ill have to give it a shot.

gladiator_mohaa

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Does anyone know if there is a way to toggle the crouch. Right now it has to be held to remain in crouch position. If you did not have to hold the control key to remain crouched and then when you hit shift to run you would automatically stand up would be a nice addition.

It may sound weird but after years of COD4 where crouch and prone are toggle by just hitting control or alt it makes my hand hurt after like an hour playing BC2 having to hold the control to remain in crouch position.

I am sure just like anything the muscles in my hand will adapt but it is kind of bothersome.

Just the other day, someone tried that on me from close range; missed 90% of his shots. Two shots to the head took him down. He went bersek in the chat channel after that. :D

BF isn't like CoD; accuracy matters.

Yeah, big time. The engineer's base rifle is practically a sniper rifle with iron sights. It has almost no kick either so people can head shot like crazy with it.

Its no me then? No idea why its so accurate, even with its 20 round clip...

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
damn, i really gotta try out that gun! i always thought of it as a light hitter or something. but ill give it a shot today. Im so used to the medics 200 round clips though haha or the saiga's 12 clip, i dont know an in between anymore hehe. I do love the broad range of weapons though. thats something that they did a very good job on. If anyone is going to be playing within the next few hours tell me so we can play together.