did i f*ck up my computer

schmuckpussy

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2003
Last weekend i built my comp. Pentium 3,0ghz, P4P800 deluxe, 512 ddr400, radeon 9800 pro. Very nice i must say. It worked very well the last two days but today all went wrong. When i tried to turn on (boot up for the perverse guys) the comp it was an anticlimax. After i pressed the button the power led was on and went of immediatly after that. So my computer turned off the second i turned it on. What can be the problem of this malfunction.
The comp was brand new so i feel pretty desperate. Please help me

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
perhaps a power supply failure?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

schmuckpussy

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2003
but if it is a psu failure why does my mobo indicate there is still power on it. The green led burns. And the only way to check it out is replace it with another psu?

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
What size PSU do you have in there? For that you would want a good quality 400W or higher.

Spec:
Intel P4 2.4B
MSI 645E Max-U Mobo
512MB DDR333
GF3 ti200 64MB
SB Live 5.1
WD 60GB (Storage)
Maxtor 6GB (System)
Maxtor 120GB
LG 24x24x32 CDR
WIN2K PRo SP4

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Read the first post in this forum, it offers several possible solutions.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>