Sign in with
Your question

S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Call Of Pripyat

Last response: in Video Games
February 15, 2010 3:22:40 PM

Being a massive Stalker fan, ive noticed that there isn't a thread running atm about GSC Gameworlds new game. :o 

I have a Powercolor HD 5770 PCS+ which can run the game on MAXIMUM settings with DX 11 Lighting effects which look absolutely amazing. :ouch: 

The X-Ray engine (1.6) has also been bug and crash free since i began playing the game on Febuary the 5th. Which means those who gave up on Shadow of chernobyl and Super buggy Clear Sky, can play the title again.

More about : call pripyat

February 15, 2010 8:37:10 PM

I downloaded STALKER Complete 2009, a mod which improves vanilla STALKER 100x. Adds a lot of Crysis-esque effects and looks spectacular. All new textures etc., really looks like a different game.

DX11 is good and all, and my 5970 would laugh in that games face, but I honestly think it would be a downgrade going from Stalker Complete 2009 to vanilla X-ray engine w/ DX11 effects.

I was looking at some of the screenshots, and well, yeah, they got some tessellation on the bricks and such but everything else looks like it came outta CS 1.6 LOL.

I have Clear sky and Chernobyl on Steam and it looks like I get a $10 discount if I already have the previous 2 titles in the trilogy. I say trilogy, as I assume this is the last "Expansion" in the series?

Was a really fun game while I played it on my MBP, which tbh couldn't handle the modded STALKER too well. Looking forward to playing it again on my new rig which will blow it out of the water.

How is the game itself, I thought STALKER was a really fun and original game. Had one of the eeriest and creepiest atmosphere out of any recent game i've played, and as far as I know it wasn't supposed to be a horror game or anything. But the first time you go underground in shadow of chernobyl and your about to go up the ladder and that crazy ass creature starts sending shockwaves through your brain. Scared the *** outta me!

-J
February 16, 2010 5:36:33 AM

I'm looking forward to playing this new game. The first took some time to get into but after playing about 10 hours I was hooked. Clear Sky I just can't enjoy and I've tried really hard to like it. I might install S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Call Of Pripyat this weekend. Right now I' finding it hard to get into Bioshock 2.
Related resources
February 16, 2010 1:13:17 PM

Is this different from the Float32 upgrade they released awhile ago? If so, I might have to check this one out.

Jamrock said:
I downloaded STALKER Complete 2009, a mod which improves vanilla STALKER 100x. Adds a lot of Crysis-esque effects and looks spectacular. All new textures etc., really looks like a different game.

February 16, 2010 7:55:39 PM

isamuelson said:
Is this different from the Float32 upgrade they released awhile ago? If so, I might have to check this one out.

Heh, heh. Float32 just made the game perform better. This is a COMPLETE Overhaul of the graphics, similar to what you can do with Oblivion with QTP3, RAEVWD, and mainly OBGE.

It adds Godrays, ambient occlusion, complete texture replacing, depth of field. It's got it all, and it looks amazing you should def. check it out.

Played w/ it on my MBP, but didn't run so well, looking forward to hitting it up again on the new rig.
!