Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

(If allowed/possible) Can someone Sell me a Phenom Quad core?

Last response: in Deals
Share
October 11, 2012 11:18:04 PM

Hello, I am creating a new build and want an AMD Phenom (Quad Core) in it, I know theres a lot of "better" intel solutions, but I like AMD much more. My price is around $60-$70, please, don't post any hurtful comments. Thanks. :) 
a b À AMD
October 11, 2012 11:26:01 PM

I'd stay away from the Phenom series - the Phenom II is way better.
I don't have a quad core, but would a Phenom II dual core work?
October 11, 2012 11:28:17 PM

Quote:
I'd stay away from the Phenom series - the Phenom II is way better.
I don't have a quad core, but would a Phenom II dual core work?

Well, I did mean the Phenom II, but I didn't know I had to be specific, sorry about my manners. I am planning on getting a board that can unlock cores, are cores unlockable by your dual core?
Related resources
October 11, 2012 11:28:53 PM

Quote:
Hello, I am creating a new build and want an AMD Phenom (Quad Core) in it, I know theres a lot of "better" intel solutions, but I like AMD much more. My price is around $60-$70, please, don't post any hurtful comments. Thanks. :) 

You mean something like this?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($85.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $85.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

More specifics might be helpful, for instance: What socket type are you looking for?
October 11, 2012 11:33:32 PM

No problem. If you need any help in ASSEMBLING or CHOOSING parts for your computer. Feel free to open a new thread and tell us what you have and your budget! :]
October 11, 2012 11:38:53 PM

Quote:
Socket AM3, Phenom II Quad Core, more likely used.

Ok. Just keep in mind when pricing out used processors that you could get that brand new, retail boxed processor for $86 (and it sounds like it fits what you are looking for).
October 11, 2012 11:40:13 PM

Quote:
Ok. Just keep in mind when pricing out used processors that you could get that brand new, retail boxed processor for $86 (and it sounds like it fits what you are looking for).


Well, as of right now, I'm still a student, No job so, my funds are quite limited. But thank you for the tip!
October 12, 2012 1:52:12 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Deals by The_Prophecy
!