Sign in with
Your question

Invalid serial number for cammand and conquer the first decade

Last response: in Video Games
February 15, 2010 10:31:28 PM

this is crazy i have to do all this just to play a game online i have 2 pc's and cammond and conquer the first decade games i just bought 2 days ago and they both play well on one player mode but when u try to play online in just keeps saying serial number invalid can anyone help me with this problem or do i just need to take this game back?
February 16, 2010 11:08:52 AM

Did you buy them from someone off eBay? They may have given you pirated serials.
m
l
Related resources
February 16, 2010 1:08:06 PM

Per Wikipedia, when this game came out, people were under the belief that ALL the games would play online. Apparently, this isn't so. You can read the article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNCTFD

Now, apparently, there is an unofficial patch out there that will give you online play, but it's not very reliable. The link to it is listed in the wikipedia article I posted.

Ensure you have applied all patches to the game and see if the unofficial v1.03 patch helps. I'm assuming that's what you were talking about.
m
l
February 17, 2010 1:58:24 AM

isamuelson said:

Now, apparently, there is an unofficial patch out there that will give you online play, but it's not very reliable. The link to it is listed in the wikipedia article I posted.

...*cough* Wikipedia is more unreliable than the patch I'm sure :D  and how is it that not all the games work online? is it just a hit or miss thing?
m
l
February 17, 2010 6:33:03 AM

Remember that The First Decade includes all the C&C games all the way back to C&C 95. Most of those early games don't even have online communities any more.
m
l
February 17, 2010 3:03:06 PM

Herr_Koos said:
Remember that The First Decade includes all the C&C games all the way back to C&C 95. Most of those early games don't even have online communities any more.

Thanks for stating this. I don't think I stated it as clearly. But, that is why I was quoting Wikipedia. :hello: 
m
l
February 17, 2010 6:29:31 PM

isamuelson said:
Thanks for stating this. I don't think I stated it as clearly. But, that is why I was quoting Wikipedia. :hello: 

I understood what you were getting at, that's why I thought I'd clarify your statement a bit.
m
l
!