Sign in with
Your question

Tdu windows 7 freeze

Last response: in Video Games
February 16, 2010 5:07:37 AM

Hi there,

Installed TDU on Windows 7 32-bit. The game runs, but when you drive, every few seconds the game freezes and then continues. In the "freeze" time the car keeps traveling in a straight line and constant speed. In other words when the freeze is over you might find your car off road or against a tree or building. Totally unplayable, will never be able to complete a race.

Running TDU with patch 1.66 on a AMD Athlon X2 6000+ with 4Gb RAM and a nVidia 9800GT with 512MB video RAM. Mobo is Asus M4N78.

Game works fine on XP.

Running Farcry 2, GTA 4, CnC 3 amongst other games with no problems. Have all the latest drivers an updates installed.

Any ideas? Is anyone running TDU on Win 7?

Greetz
Ernst Smit

More about : tdu windows freeze

February 19, 2010 3:50:27 PM

Well, your CPU is a little dated, but some games are still buggy on Windows 7. Update Windows, maybe think on a newer processor?
February 19, 2010 8:04:20 PM

The symptoms you've described don't sound like CPU issues IMHO. Easy thing to check, run Task Manager, play the game, then check Task Manager as soon as you experience issues - was the CPU graph pegged at 100% for the period you were having issues?

Haven't got TDU I'm afraid so cannot give an answer with backup, but I do have one question: What are you using to control the game - keyboard, gamepad, steering wheel? Sounds like a weird issue so hoping it's down to a dodgy W7 driver for a steering wheel as if this is using keyboard I'm stumped.
!