Microphone doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 7.

vintage

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I recently upgraded to windows 7 64-bit from 32-bit Vista. My logitech tabletop mic doesn't work now, when I go on to ventrillo it says: Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device.
DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed. HR=DSERR_NODRIVER. No sound driver is available for use. How do I make my mic work again? I don't know the model of this mic and have no way of finding out. I thought that when I plugged in the mic it was supposed to detect it and work.

vintage

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I wouldn't know what driver to install because I don't know the model of this mic. It is just a cheap black logitech tabletop microphone. I've had it for quite some time and it has served me well. Was working yesterday before I upgraded to Windows 7, now my computer isn't detecting it when I plug it in. Not sure why, it always detected it before.

It really sounds like a Windows 7 drivers issue. I once had a motherboard (with onboard sound) that was unsupported in Windows 7. When I plugged in the speakers, the sound "card" wouldn't even reconize it as plugged in.

Try updating, or rolling back, the driver for the sound card. Let Windows do it thru "Device Manager."