LG 6000 problem

I hate my LG 6000. I keep it in my pocket, and half the time it
switches to manner mode, where I can't hear it ring. It's the stupid
side buttons. When I'm driving, I have to flip open the phone to
answer instead of just pusing an outside button. It is designed for
the ocasional user, not a power user. I am going to switch back to my
kyocera 2235, and sell this POS on ebay. It cost me nothing with my
new every 2 and the rebate at the time. Thanks for letting me vent.

P.S. I know about auto answer.
13 answers Last reply
More about 6000 problem

    On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 01:47:08 GMT, SL <sl@nowhere.com> wrote:

    >I hate my LG 6000. I keep it in my pocket, and half the time it
    >switches to manner mode, where I can't hear it ring. It's the stupid
    >side buttons. When I'm driving, I have to flip open the phone to
    >answer instead of just pusing an outside button. It is designed for
    >the ocasional user, not a power user. I am going to switch back to my
    >kyocera 2235, and sell this POS on ebay. It cost me nothing with my
    >new every 2 and the rebate at the time. Thanks for letting me vent.
    >
    >P.S. I know about auto answer.

    It is not that easy changing modes while the phone is in your pocket.
    A casual press of the volume button toggles between date and time and
    does not change the mode. To access the manner mode you have to press
    and hold the voice activation button for a few seconds. Other than a
    defective phone, what could be going on in your pocket to cause this
    to happen?

    "SL" <sl@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > I hate my LG 6000. I keep it in my pocket, and half the time it
    > switches to manner mode, where I can't hear it ring. It's the stupid
    > side buttons. When I'm driving, I have to flip open the phone to
    > answer instead of just pusing an outside button. It is designed for
    > the ocasional user, not a power user. I am going to switch back to my
    > kyocera 2235, and sell this POS on ebay. It cost me nothing with my
    > new every 2 and the rebate at the time. Thanks for letting me vent.
    >
    > P.S. I know about auto answer.

    > It is not that easy changing modes while the phone is in your pocket.
    > A casual press of the volume button toggles between date and time and
    > does not change the mode. To access the manner mode you have to press
    > and hold the voice activation button for a few seconds. Other than a
    > defective phone, what could be going on in your pocket to cause this
    > to happen?

    Actually, I have the same problem. When I put the phone in my pants pocket,
    it often switches to manner mode. It is a pain.

    Also, is there a function that will beep when I have voicemails, I haven't
    been able to figure it out and it is a problem.

    I really miss the voice recorder to record my voicemails on the road.

    I just got one of these phones and agree ahve having this same problem
    .. Unfortunately I am just beyond my fee swap period at Circuit City
    .. I am watching ebay for a good deal on A Nokia 3589i .

    "John Doe" <johndoe@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "SL" <sl@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > I hate my LG 6000. I keep it in my pocket, and half the time it
    > > switches to manner mode, where I can't hear it ring. It's the stupid
    > > side buttons. When I'm driving, I have to flip open the phone to
    > > answer instead of just pusing an outside button. It is designed for
    > > the ocasional user, not a power user. I am going to switch back to my
    > > kyocera 2235, and sell this POS on ebay. It cost me nothing with my
    > > new every 2 and the rebate at the time. Thanks for letting me vent.
    > >
    > > P.S. I know about auto answer.
    >
    > > It is not that easy changing modes while the phone is in your pocket.
    > > A casual press of the volume button toggles between date and time and
    > > does not change the mode. To access the manner mode you have to press
    > > and hold the voice activation button for a few seconds. Other than a
    > > defective phone, what could be going on in your pocket to cause this
    > > to happen?
    >

    > Actually, I have the same problem. When I put the phone in my pants
    pocket,
    > it often switches to manner mode. It is a pain.
    >
    > Also, is there a function that will beep when I have voicemails, I haven't
    > been able to figure it out and it is a problem.
    >
    > I really miss the voice recorder to record my voicemails on the road.

    Beep for voicemails = message alert. Go to menu > (4) messages>(6)Msg
    settings>(4) msg alerts>(1) voice mail alerts>(5) 2 MIN alert.

    This will alert you every 2 mins until you open the phone and acknowledge
    the message.

    The VX6000 has voice recorder. Small lower side button>hold in until window
    says start recording message!
    ----------------
    Pahoo

    Thanks much Pahoo, I will check it out.

    "Pahoo" <Pahoo@nospam.net> wrote in message

    > "John Doe" <johndoe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "SL" <sl@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > > I hate my LG 6000. I keep it in my pocket, and half the time it
    > > > switches to manner mode, where I can't hear it ring. It's the stupid
    > > > side buttons. When I'm driving, I have to flip open the phone to
    > > > answer instead of just pusing an outside button. It is designed for
    > > > the ocasional user, not a power user. I am going to switch back to my
    > > > kyocera 2235, and sell this POS on ebay. It cost me nothing with my
    > > > new every 2 and the rebate at the time. Thanks for letting me vent.
    > > >
    > > > P.S. I know about auto answer.
    > >
    > > > It is not that easy changing modes while the phone is in your pocket.
    > > > A casual press of the volume button toggles between date and time and
    > > > does not change the mode. To access the manner mode you have to press
    > > > and hold the voice activation button for a few seconds. Other than a
    > > > defective phone, what could be going on in your pocket to cause this
    > > > to happen?
    > >

    > > Actually, I have the same problem. When I put the phone in my pants
    > pocket,
    > > it often switches to manner mode. It is a pain.
    > >
    > > Also, is there a function that will beep when I have voicemails, I
    haven't
    > > been able to figure it out and it is a problem.
    > >
    > > I really miss the voice recorder to record my voicemails on the road.
    > >

    > Beep for voicemails = message alert. Go to menu > (4) messages>(6)Msg
    > settings>(4) msg alerts>(1) voice mail alerts>(5) 2 MIN alert.
    >
    > This will alert you every 2 mins until you open the phone and acknowledge
    > the message.
    >
    > The VX6000 has voice recorder. Small lower side button>hold in until
    window
    > says start recording message!
    > ----------------
    > Pahoo

    Mine does the same thing, and I'm always missing calls as the ringer is
    turned off--and I wear it in a belt holster. Maybe...it's a bug!

    Teddeli wrote:
    > On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 01:47:08 GMT, SL <sl@nowhere.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I hate my LG 6000. I keep it in my pocket, and half the time it
    >> switches to manner mode, where I can't hear it ring. It's the stupid
    >> side buttons. When I'm driving, I have to flip open the phone to
    >> answer instead of just pusing an outside button. It is designed for
    >> the ocasional user, not a power user. I am going to switch back to my
    >> kyocera 2235, and sell this POS on ebay. It cost me nothing with my
    >> new every 2 and the rebate at the time. Thanks for letting me vent.
    >>
    >> P.S. I know about auto answer.
    >
    > It is not that easy changing modes while the phone is in your pocket.
    > A casual press of the volume button toggles between date and time and
    > does not change the mode. To access the manner mode you have to press
    > and hold the voice activation button for a few seconds. Other than a
    > defective phone, what could be going on in your pocket to cause this
    > to happen?

    My VX4400 does the same thing. I love the phone, except for that
    "feature" and its complete lack of understanding of using the phone in a
    vehicle with a hands-free. Given that hand-free devices are becoming the
    law in many states (NJ most recently), it annoys me I have to open up
    the phone to answer a call.

    So recently, I've been using one of those sticky pads that I drop on the
    passenger seat and then leave the phone open. The phone never moves.
    Greatest invention if you don't have a passenger. The one I use was a
    promo from Microsoft made by Jelly CellMate. I don't know that I would
    trust it on the vinyl dash because of potential staining/discoloring,
    but on the black leather seat it's fine for a couple of hours.

    --
    David G.

    I agree . I am so annoyed by it that I will am watching out for a
    deal on a Nokia 3589i etc .

    On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 01:47:08 GMT, SL <sl@nowhere.com> wrote:

    >I hate my LG 6000. I keep it in my pocket, and half the time it
    >switches to manner mode, where I can't hear it ring. It's the stupid
    >side buttons. When I'm driving, I have to flip open the phone to
    >answer instead of just pusing an outside button. It is designed for
    >the ocasional user, not a power user. I am going to switch back to my
    >kyocera 2235, and sell this POS on ebay. It cost me nothing with my
    >new every 2 and the rebate at the time. Thanks for letting me vent.
    >
    >P.S. I know about auto answer.

    Welll...I found out HOW it's doing it.

    The small button on the side, if held for a few seconds will change the mode
    from normal to manner to silent. I wrote Verizon about it, and, here is
    there (uninformed) reply: