Sign in with
Your question

Custom AMD Gaming PC.

Last response: in Deals
October 22, 2012 12:41:01 AM

I built my first gaming PC around 9-10 months ago.

The cpu is a Phenom II X4 960t, it is unlocked to 6 cores, and at 3.4Ghz currently. Motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-ud3-990FX-AM3+, this board supports SLI and CFX, and is one of the best price/perf board right now in my opinion. It will also be able to use the new Piledriver core from AMD, which should actually do better then a Phenom II. The gpu is a Powercolor Radeon HD 6870. I guess you could say it stands between the 7850 and 7770, and it does quite well in gaming. at 1440x900 (i know i need to upgrade, but for me, I am not currently worried about monitor size) it can max out Total war shogun 2, and run it smoothly. The Power supply is an OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w. Solid unit, i have had no problems with it, and it puts out 700 watts of power! The case is a Raidmax Blackstorm white edition. It is convinent to have the side panel open like it does, and the 200mm fan is a plus also. The SSD is an OCZ Agility 3 120gb, it performs quite well, boots extremely fast, and loads games like a boss. The HDD is a Hitachi 7200rpm 500gb. I can never remember the exact model, but it works, and it is inexpensive. It has 2x4gb of Patriot G Sector 5 DDR3 1333MHz, it still has 2 open RAM DIMMs. The cpu cooler is a Xigmatek LOKI. It performs good for its price, and it is lower then other coolers. Lastly The OS is Windows XP 32 bit. I am aware that it is old, but it does still meet the requirement for almost all of todays games, and is quite stable. This is also installed on a 40gb partition on the HDD. so the SSD is free of an OS. here is a part summary:

*Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ Socket
*Processor/cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma
*Graphics Card/GPU: Powercolor Radeon HD 6870
*Memory/RAM: Patriot G-Sector 5 2x4Gb (8Gb total)
*Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w
*SSD: OCZ Agility 3 (120GB)
*Hard Drive/HDD: Hitachi 500Gb 7200rpm;
*Optical Drive: LabelFlash DVD/CD Reader and Burner
*Case: Raidmax Blackstorm
*CPU Heatsink: Xigmatek LOKI 92mm

Please make an offer if you are intrested, I don't think I will be selling the computer though.

Thanks!

More about : custom amd gaming

October 22, 2012 8:27:13 AM

Nice computer all parts are standard.
October 22, 2012 1:01:42 PM

Need a price for a posting.
Related resources
October 22, 2012 4:02:49 PM

Nearly identical to what i built, good luck with sale buddy!
October 22, 2012 4:03:02 PM

October 22, 2012 8:40:55 PM

Thanks for your comments, and concerns, but I did a little bit of research last night, and I think I will stick it out with my Phenom II until Steamroller comes out, it seems AMD might be able to close the gap between Intel's current lead in my opinion, and the have hire Jim Keller, so if anyone wants the computer, all I can say is make offers, I am buying windows 8, along with 8Gb of ram. I also plan on getting a Tempest 410 case, and Corsair or Antec 750w PSU for Thanksgivng. I also removed the post from ebay.

May the best offer decide my computers fate!
October 22, 2012 8:45:36 PM

jojoenglish85 said:

I must say that for the price, it was hard to beat these builds at the time, especially with all the AM3+ speculation. AMD really messed up on Bulldozer.

BUT I looked at a review on windows 8 with bulldozer, and WoW went from 72 to 80 fps average. So it looks like Windows 8 could improve performance by 5% at best in my opinion, and add 10% minimal (hopefully) from piledriver, and that is 15% increase in processing power! This is all just speculation, and I could be completely wrong, but I doubt AMD will backtrack even more, that would seem impossible.
!