massive system failure

schmuckpussy

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2003
I've solved the problem why my comp wouldn't boot up, but now i ran into another problem. I don't know the exact term but it often happens that my computer is 'jammed' and i need to reset it.

I don't mind if it happens one or two times, but every 2 minutes. You probably all had the problem once.
I tried re-installing the OS and i've tried every version i have:95,98,ME and XP Pro and every time i encounter the same problem.

What causes this problem? My specs are:

Pentium 3,0ghz
P4P800 Deluxe 865PE
Radeon 9800pro
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
512 DDR400 RAM
120gb hd

Is it perhaps that my RAM is too little for my comp?

I could really use your help, because having a comp like the one described above and not being able to do anything with it is a waste of my money

A master to inspire all others

Ed_Phoon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sounds like a power supply problem.
What's your psu, brand, rated output etc?

About ram, just make sure you use auto or by spd in your advance chipsets setup page.

The other possiblity could be overheating, do you use stock intel heatsink fan? The stock intel hsf is quite easy to mount, if not, make sure the after market hsf intall properly.

schmuckpussy

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2003
My PSU is from chieftec 360W and i use the original heatsink deliverd with my CPU.

Can you explain what you mean with the thing about the ram. I just installed it and changed no settings in my BIOS or anything else