Shuttle SK41

milne

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2001
Anyone know if there is a different board I can get for this? Mine fried and I dont want to spend $180 for a board from Shuttle!

"The misery of low quality remains long after the pleasure of low price has gone"

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
not that I'm aware of.... They're weird proprietary ones IIRC, to fit into that tiny case.

You could cut your losses and buy a new ATX or MATX board and case for that price, and re-use all the RAM, HDDs etc from your shuttle.

This is why I'd never buy a cube PC.

---
<font color=red>Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do.</font color=red> :wink:

milne

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2001
Yeah, I kow I should. I am really tight on space plus I have 5 other towers sitting here. I should probably just move to a laptop instead.
I do like the Shuttle and all....first trouble I had with it.

"The misery of low quality remains long after the pleasure of low price has gone"

acron1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You know I have the same XPC from Shuttle with a XP 2400+ and a GeF3 plus 512mb of pc3200 and I am so happy with it I stopped using my main pc.
Sorry to hear your Mb fried.
I know $180 is kinda steep for a KM266 Mb but you can upgrade to their Nforce2 Mb at about the same price.
I hope this helps.

Beam me up Scotty.

milne

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2001
It doesnt end here. I pull the case off and try to boot it. Like any good pc tech, I start whacking the power supply
:eek:) Sure enough, it almost gets completely booted then stops.....argh!!

Oh well, guess I will part it out. No way will I pay $180 for a board when I can get the whole thing for $170.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You could go with a MicroATX slim tower, they're actually narrower than a cube!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>