Best Game to Show-off with?

chuk15

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
I just got a new system built (core i5, radeon 5770)

I was wondering what would be a good game to show off to my friends how l33tsauce my new computer is?

I'm looking for a game that has a single player option, and that allows me to jump right into some sweet graphical awesomeness.

I also want to see how much more powerful and sweet current technology is in comparison to my old system (AMD Athon single-core 3800, and Radeon HD 4650).

So, what games do you recommend to show me just how sweet having an i5 and radeon 5770 can be?

chuk15

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Why wouldn't you want to help me show off to my buds? I don't mean to brag about it in a narcissistic self-centered hateful way, but more in a "look how cool this game looks". :D

I want to show my friends who don't have computers, they play consoles and often poke fun at me for playing the computer which they think is inferior. So now it's my turn to show them that a computer can blow any console away.

What game do you think would do the best job of that? ;)

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

!!!if this is you trying to prove that PC is better than EVERYBODY HERE MAKE A SUGGESTION!!!
we need to rub everything we can into console gamers faces lol
Um, i think you may be able to run crysis decently, although i could be way off. UT3 is a cool actionpacked game with pretty nice gfx.
and half life 2 is great. it may be kind of old (not really) but the graphics are shockingly good.

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Need for speed shift looks amazing - try that.

Or if you want a PC only game, show off crysis warhead, that runs nice on my system which is a crappy core2 and 9800GTX+ so it should run very nicely on a core i5 and 5770. Plus i enjoy crysis as a game and not just a GPU show off game. The reason i suggest warhead rather than crysis one is because warhead runs nicer with (as far as i can tell) equally nice graphics.

Confused Stu

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
To impress console owners - Crysis or Warhead. If you've got a high enough resolution monitor you can also surprise them with COD:MW2 and Unreal Tournament 3.

If you're looking to impress a mate who's into PC games, show him your i5 running GTA4 smoothly. That's not possible without a good quad & decent graphics card, but it won't truly impress those unfamiliar with the games requirements.