Sign in with
Your question

What games will my pc support?

Last response: in Video Games
February 18, 2010 10:15:56 PM

I was browsing for pc combat games and wasn't sure what my pc supported. Is there a way to search for pc games based on what my pc can handle? I almost purchased Far Cry 2, couldn't remember exactly what I had in my pc, got home and looked up the game only to find that it recommends a slightly different graphics card. This is what I have:

Asus P5WD2 motherboard
Pentium 4 3.00 GHz processor
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon X1300 256MB graphics card

Any advice would be appreciated.

Scott

More about : games support

February 18, 2010 10:31:53 PM

Based on your specs you will have problems playing most recent games. The P4 CPU's were discontinued some time ago and replaced by the Core 2 range.... this in turn at the end of last year has been replaced by the i7 / i5's

More bad news Im afraid - even if the CPU was more up to date you would still struggle with games due to the under powered graphics card.
m
l
February 18, 2010 10:33:14 PM

...awesome...
m
l
Related resources
February 19, 2010 1:35:31 PM

How about this, find the name of a game you might like, and stack it against this web site application. http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx

I suggest starting with Stronghold, Diablo 2, Starcraft, Mount and Blade. Maybe a Sim City you could try Battlefield 2 if you like First Person Shooters.
m
l
February 19, 2010 7:44:05 PM

Thanks for the info, StatiicGrazer. Out of curiosity (which I know I'll regret), what would I need to upgrade and what would be recommended for someone who is just starting to explore pc gaming. I'm guessing, based on what I've been told thus far, I would need a new graphics card, processor and motherboard. I have a Rosewill 550W power supply.
m
l
!