What games will my pc support?

skuter7199

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
I was browsing for pc combat games and wasn't sure what my pc supported. Is there a way to search for pc games based on what my pc can handle? I almost purchased Far Cry 2, couldn't remember exactly what I had in my pc, got home and looked up the game only to find that it recommends a slightly different graphics card. This is what I have:

Asus P5WD2 motherboard
Pentium 4 3.00 GHz processor
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon X1300 256MB graphics card

Any advice would be appreciated.

Scott

ulysses35

Distinguished
Based on your specs you will have problems playing most recent games. The P4 CPU's were discontinued some time ago and replaced by the Core 2 range.... this in turn at the end of last year has been replaced by the i7 / i5's

More bad news Im afraid - even if the CPU was more up to date you would still struggle with games due to the under powered graphics card.

skuter7199

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
Thanks for the info, StatiicGrazer. Out of curiosity (which I know I'll regret), what would I need to upgrade and what would be recommended for someone who is just starting to explore pc gaming. I'm guessing, based on what I've been told thus far, I would need a new graphics card, processor and motherboard. I have a Rosewill 550W power supply.