Question about raid setup, on ASUS 865PE..

bluetickhunter

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2004
OK I am about to put togather my own pc. I just have a couple questions about the "Asus P4P800 Deluxe". I am wanting to hook up 2 10k rpm raptors in raid 0 mode. However I am abit confused out how that works and also if I install 2 of them will I have room for my dvd and CDRW cdroms? DO I need a raid controller card to have room for them , because I know the mobo has built in raid 0, I am just wondering if I will be able to set up 2 hdd on the mother board and 2 more cd roms without buying a raid pci card. Is it really worth it to have them set up like that, keeping in mind I am trying to build the best gaming computer I can with my budget. Here is what I got so far. http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishList.asp?position=HISTORY&submit=VIEW&ID=569109 Thanks in advance bluetick..

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Dude, the chipset itself supports 6 drives, 4ATA and 2SATA. The Promise controller supports another 2 drives.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>