Stalker Clear Sky low fps

G

The last time I played this game before today was like a half year ago.I backed up my savegames from that time and now when I installed stalker again and patched it to ver 1.5.10(latest)I copied the savegames and screenshots.For some odd reason I seem to be getting very low frame rate with even minimum graphic settings I can set but the last time I played I had about medium settings and the game was rather smooth, Fps was like 50.Note that last time I had patch 1.5.9 and I also formatted my harddrive like 2 weeks ago.Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

G

What I mean is the FPS was 50 the last time I played it which was 6 months ago.Now I can't get above 20 with any settings I choose.

G

I would suggest changing from the 1.5.10 version to the "Clear Sky Complete" version. It fixes a lot of video problems from the previous versions. It is considered a mod, so it hasn't been released by Steam yet, but it is available on the net, just look for "Clear Sky Complete", download the update, install it with the provided instructions, and you should be good to go.

marcelbarlik

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
There is a very good fix for this. People with Nvidia cards will be suffering a lot here. Here are the steps to improve FPS by about 80 FPS:
1) Ensure that you have the newest GPU drivers. (Start>Search>"Nvidia">Geforce Experience>(In program)Second tab)
2) Turn on administrator mode, Windows 7 compatibility mode and turn off fullscreen optimalization. (Right click your icon and go into properties. Then Compatibility, the third tab. Turn on Compatibility mode for Windows 7 and tick both of the options on the bottom.)
3) Turn off DVR, game mode and game bar. (Start>Search>"Settings">Gaming. Then on all tabs turn everything off. You won't be needing DVR as you have Shadowplay, game mode doesn't help FPS (tends to do the opposite for most games). The game bar may be important to you if you use it, but turn it off for now. Later on if you fix the problem you can try to turn it back on.
4) Set your GPU as the default PhysX processor. (Right click on your desktop, then click the Nvidia control panel. In 3D settings select "Configure Surround function, PhysX" and set the Processor to your graphics card. Don't forget to click "set/save" on the bottom right.) Leave this panel open.
5) Set your Nvidia game options as specified by me. (In 3D settings select manage 3D settings. Then choose program options. You may have to run the game so that is shows in number 1.. Select one of the four stalker games. Set the following: Power managment mode - Prefer maximum. Tripple buggering - Off, Threaded optimization - On, Vertical VSync - Off.)
6) You can now close that. Now set your power managment on your computer. (Start>Search>"Edit Power plan" or Start>Search>"Control Panel">Sound and Devices>Power options. In there set it to high performance.)
7) Restart your PC. After try turning one of the games on, IF YOU GET NORMAL FPS, DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING STEP. Otherwise if the problem continues turn on debugging mode for your GPU. (Right click on your desktop, then click the Nvivia control panel once again. Then Help>Debbuging mode (On) and Help>Allow (The one below that one)... (On).)
8) Now once again run the game. If the issue still persists for you guys, just pm me with the following stuff:
-system utility (Win+R>msinfo32 or Start>Search>"msconfig32". Then click File>Save As and send me it in a PM.)
-Nvidia system info file. (Right click your desktop. Nvidia panel once again... (System info (bottom left corner) and then save that and also send it to me.)

I will be making a tutorial on this for youtube soon. So if you do not understand this then wait for that.