P4B CPU problem with Celeron II 2.4 GzH

gzh

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2004
Hi,
I recently updated my bios with the mb P4B to Bios 1013.004.
Then I went to buy a Celeron II- 2.4GzH CPU, since with the new BIOS, the mb should have no problem taking it. When I installed the CPU, and booted my machine, the PC would freeze at the POST screen (where it says the CPU speed, memory speed, etc...). So I rebooted my machine & was able to go into the BIOS screen to choose my 2.4 GzH cpu, then save & exit & it froze again. My jumpers were set to jumper free, so I decided not to put it jumper free, and this time, no screen would show up. So I had to put it back to Jumper Free mode, start the PC, and this time it booted to WINXP, but took forever to load. Then I did another reboot, and this time it froze again to the POST screen. Now I have no clue what to do or what the problem is. Could it be the BIOS upgrade that is not good or is it I'm missing something?
My machine has 768 SD-RAM, with 120 gig HD, 128 DDR video card.
Thanks.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It could be a power supply problem also. Wow, that's really a dog of a machine to begin with, I'd hate to see how slow "slow" is.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>