a7n8x and usb 2.0

I just got a Nomad Zen Xtra (Creative's version of an I-pod), and plugged it into the USB port on my a7n8x mobo only to get a message from windows saying "Hi-Speed USB device attached to a non hi-speed usb hub." It further states that there are no hi-speed usb hubs on this computer. I'm assuming this is telling me that the Nomad is configured to work with USB 2.0, but that I'm plugging it into a USB 1.0 port. What gives? The Asus A7N8x advertises and documents that it carries 6 usb 2.0 ports. Am I missing the correct driver, or a switch, or a jumper somewhere? Or is there something in the BIOS that I'm missing? Thanks for all your help.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AMD 2500XP, Barton
1 Gig ram
Enermax 410 watt supply
Soundblaster Audigy
nVidia 128mb video card
4 answers Last reply
More about a7n8x
  1. Make sure all usb ports are enabled in the bios. For windows 2000, I had to load service pack 4 to get my usb 2.0 driver to work with an sis chipset. For xp, you may need to load service pack 1 or 1a.
  2. Try installing the USB drivers and the motherboard drivers off the motherboard CD!!

Oh by the way you wont be able to install the USB 2.0 drivers untill the computer has the Service pack 1 installed for XP

You will also have to go into the hardware devices and select to update the USB hub manualy there is no auto install for the drivers. The Motherboard CD contains the drivers but you must update the USB hub manualy.

If you are running win98 on the set-up Windows 98 does not support USB 2.0

Barton 3200+ 400MHz
    A7N8X Deluxe
    Liquid
    2x512 Crucial DDR 400 PC3200
    GeForce FX5900
    Two Maxtor 40Gig 8MB cach 7200rpm
    SONY RW 52x/24x/52x
    SONY DVD 16x/40x
  3. The motherboard has USB1.0 and USB 2.0 support built into it so make sure they are turned on in the BIOS as well.

Barton 3200+ 400MHz
    A7N8X Deluxe
    Liquid
    2x512 Crucial DDR 400 PC3200
    GeForce FX5900
    Two Maxtor 40Gig 8MB cach 7200rpm
    SONY RW 52x/24x/52x
    SONY DVD 16x/40x
  4. On MY Asus board, USB mode is set in BIOS to 1.1 by default, I had to manually change it to 2.0 there.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards USB Creative