garskoci

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2004
Hello
I am building a small server around an Intel OR840 motherboard. At the moment, I am just trying to post. My configuration is the motherboard, a PIII 733 in one slot and a cpu terminator in the second, a graphics card(AGP or PCI), two 512mb RIMMS and two CRIMMS. When buying the parts, I picked right from the Intel spec's. The cpu is only temporary until I get the BIOS upgraded, I have two 933s. When I power on the machine, nothing is displayed and BIOS is sounding a series of beeps. The pattern is 1 2 6. Which, from the Intel doc says that the memory is the incorrect technology. The revision of the mb is -702, this memory is supported for the board according to the doc's. The memory, CRIMMS, CPU and term. are all installed in the correct slots. Any suggestions? I'm pretty much at a loss right now.
Thanks for any suggestions.

garskoci

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2004
FYI

I think that I found my problem. Funny, it doesn't mention this in the actual documentation.

This is from an Intel web page.

"Note: 512 MB RIMMs are supported on boards with AA#750701-701 and higher. BIOS 255.PO4 adds 512 MB RIMM support."

So, I have to upgrade my BIOS. Thanks to all that looked.