Sign in with
Your question

Need MB with 512 SDRAM Support

Last response: in Motherboards
January 25, 2004 5:53:59 PM

Hi All,

I am running several servers on 700Mhz and below processors and just got a hold of a 512MB SDRAM memory DIMM I would like to use but none of my current motherboards support over a 256MB SDRAM. I plan to upgrade one of my systems to a new MB and CPU but would like to use the 512MB SDRAM. Does anyone know of a MB that supports a 512MB Module. I like Shuttle and Epox from experience but I am open to any models really.

Thanks,
Greg

More about : 512 sdram support

January 25, 2004 6:42:44 PM

Try shuttle AK32A it's KT266A mobo so 512mb sd-ram shouldn't be problem for it (through i only used 2x256sdram in it and now I'm using one 512mb ddr stick). Also it should handle any Athlons with at least 100 FSB speed.
a b V Motherboard
January 25, 2004 9:07:56 PM

The best chipset for PIII processors was the BX. It supports 256MB per SLOT, so server boards should support 1GB via 4 modules. Low density memory is required, I suggest you look to Crucial.com for this not-so-common stuff.

Any attempts to go with a chipset that supports higher density will result in a lower performance chipset, unless you go all the way up to the i840 chipsets with RDAM.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
!