Can I run this?

G

I was hoping to run the original Far Cry on my computer and I was wondering how well it would ruin. I know GMA's are not meant for gaming but the game is quite old and the 4500MHD is the best Intel currently has to offer I think. My specs are

Intel Core 2 Duo T5870 @ 2.0 Ghz
3 GB DDR2 RAM
Intel GMA 4500 MHD

I've run some old games like Brothers In Arms Eib and NFS Most Wanted on Med-High with 1024 x 768 with 20-35 fps before if that helps. I'd be quite happy if this could run Far Cry on Medium with 1024 x 768.

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
MAYBE, but I'm not holding my breath, even at low settingsfor resolution and eye candy as low as possible, I think it will stutter fairly bad, although it might be playable if you don't have too much going on, like in the trigen labs

kyzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
The huge lava flow section near the end used to bring all sorts of cards to their needs - loads of enemies and lots of heat haze effects going on all over the place. And the crater scene really near the end (without being too specific to spoil it if you haven't played it!) always used to stutter on my 5700 ultra at the time.

I think you'll really struggle with FarCry, which is a shame as it's a cracking game and I still play through it now and again and it looks stunning on my latest setup. Much better game than FC2!

Half-Life2 should be playable though if you need an FPS fix - the source engine is pretty good at scaling back to lower-spec gfx cards while still looking good.