MSI KT3 Ultra2: processor upgrade

BillBraskey

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2004
What is the fastest processor that I can upgrade this mobo to? Also, what all is involved in a processor upgrade? As I understand it, I have to upgrade the bios. How difficult is this?

Edit: I checked on MSI's website. There they say it supports up to the XP 2700+ 333mhz. I suspect that it will also support the XP 2800+ 333mhz but there is another version of teh XP 2800+ that I don't think it will support. Still need the other question answered though: "Also, what all is involved in a processor upgrade? As I understand it, I have to upgrade the bios. How difficult is this?"
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by BillBraskey on 01/28/04 03:07 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

BillBraskey

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2004
MSI's website has a bios page. There it has a bios that says it adds support for the XP 3000+ 333mhz processor. So I'm thinking that any AMD XP 333mhz processor will be supported up to 3000+ I guess.

endyen

Splendid
Msi uses a rather convoluted bios update program. It is not too hard, but a little scary. The best thing is that they have a way of dealing with problems called bios recovery. .so long as you have a good copy of a good bios on a floppy, you got no worries.