FRAPS?

Solution
FRAPS can kill your framerate whilst recording video, but should have absolute minimum impact if just displaying your FPS.

The reason people sometimes put more than one figure is avaerage and minimum framerates, as well as a hardware change.

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
It does not slow down your fps. its just puts your fps in the corner of your screen so that you know what fps you are getting. You can also record gameplay and take screenshots with it.

mi1ez

Splendid
FRAPS can kill your framerate whilst recording video, but should have absolute minimum impact if just displaying your FPS.

The reason people sometimes put more than one figure is avaerage and minimum framerates, as well as a hardware change.

Solution

MAB1994

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
AH that must be the reason, because i watch a video of a game on you tube and they list the benchmark with fraps and without it, and with it its much lower. That makes much more since thanks a lot!

andy_93

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009

I 100% agree,when i come to record a replay,or record a game as i am playing the fps drop like a stone,but i am not sure why it does that.Does recording hammer the cpu?