zental

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2004
Hey all. Just finally got my system to post after moving my ram around and this is my first built computer. I'm kinda trying to figure out exactly what I need to do next to get it set up. I noticed that it recognized all my ram on the post, but read the cpu as 1100mhz, its a barton 2500+. should be around 1830mhz. I went into bios and it shows 2500+ in there and 166x11 so I dunno what the deal is. Any suggestions or just stuff you've figured out from experience? I've never used bios before, I was just looking around when I went in before.

I still don't have my case, but I should be ok if I go ahead and get windows and such installed now that way when I get my case next week I'll be able to get ready and do some overclocking, its usually pretty cool in my house too, so I don't think heat will be a problem, seeing as everythings totally out in the open on my desk here.

The main thing I wanna know if there are some things that I need to go ahead and get set in BIOS before I get going on loading the OS. I was taking a peak in there and most of it seemed to be reasonable. Well I'm gonna goto bed now so I'll check back with ya'll tomorrow. Good things. Laters

-The Zent
Barton 2500+,Abit NF7-S V2, Fortron 350W, 2x512 Geil pc3200, ATi Radeon 9500pro

Hold down the "del" key when you turn on your system as it's beginning to post. Look for a "frequency/voltage control" or similar section in the bios. Make sure the cpu fsb is set to 166. If you want to try overclocking, you can bump up the cpu vcore by .05 volts (example- change from 1.50 to 1.55). Then try posting at 200 fsb. It should read the cpu as barton 3200. Before trying any overclocking, have windows and any service packs installed at the default settings.