Favourite areas poll

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

What's your favourite act for indoor areas?

What's your favourite act for outdoor areas?

For me it's act 5 for its indoor ice caves and worldstone keep areas, and for
outdoors, it's act 2 and its desert areas.

My least favourite indoor areas would probably be act 1, and for outdoor
areas, it's probably a tie between every act other than 2. :-)

--
Oh great, an El rune...
19 answers Last reply

    I think act 2 desert (and town *g*) for outdoor areas too... as for
    indoor, yeah, probably the ice caves. Or the act 2 tombs, I just love
    that whole act. :)
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

    >What's your favourite act for indoor areas?

    Probably V. I love the caves, although not as much with such weird
    guest critters. If every guest critter in the caves seemed to fit in,
    or did cold damage it might be okay. But fire skeletons? Blah.

    I HATE the indoor areas in Act II with the stupid greater mummies and
    tight places like the Maggot Lair, Arcane, etc. The arcane would be
    loads of fun if it had paths about 3x as wide. =)

    >What's your favourite act for outdoor areas?

    Travincal before you kill the Council, since afterwards you have to
    chase things just to kill them. I also like the deserts fairly well
    and I enjoy clearing the jungles - I just hate questing there because
    I am always paranoid about getting dropped or something before I can
    find a waypoint.

    I hate Act IV.

    --

    Weretable and the Undead Chairs

    USWest - weretable
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Stephen van Ham wrote:
    > What's your favourite act for indoor areas?

    I loves me the Maggot Lair! Bad guys can only come at me one at a
    time... Oh, yeah!

    > What's your favourite act for outdoor areas?

    Act I from Stoney Field to Tamoe Highland. Lots of critters to pop and
    splat.

    > My least favourite indoor areas would probably be act 1, and for outdoor
    > areas, it's probably a tie between every act other than 2. :-)

    Ugh, the Forgotten Tower and the Arcane Santuary are absolutely
    horrible! Stupid PI mana-burning ghosts...

    The Arreat Plateau (where the captured barbs are) is incredibly
    boooring.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Hi,

    Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in

    > What's your favourite act for outdoor areas?

    Lower Kurast in NM and Hell.. Easy MFing..

    In SP, kill all monsters at /players 1 and open chests and other stuff at
    /players 8...

    Regards,

    Oliver
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    > What's your favourite act for indoor areas?

    I like the Crystalline Passage, Glacial Trail, and Worldstone Keep. The
    paths are wide enough for more than one body, but not completely open so
    that it's easy to get swarmed when running away!

    > What's your favourite act for outdoor areas?

    Definitely Act 1. I love the rolling green grass with bits of open dirt and
    rocks.

    > My least favourite indoor areas would probably be act 1, and for outdoor
    > areas, it's probably a tie between every act other than 2. :-)

    Least favorite indoor area would have to be the Maggot Lair and Catacombs
    for the doubling back that's often necessary. I hate dead ends! I've also
    always disliked the Arcane Sanctuary because your merc and minions are too
    stupid to follow you closely and you frequently have to go back and "get
    them."

    Least favorite outdoor area would probably be Act 2. It annoys me how the
    waypoint is often in the corner furthest from the entrance and the exit to
    the area. Runner-up would be Act 5 for all the randomized monsters, it just
    breaks the mood of the place to see Leapers and Skeleton Archers. Blah!

    Thank goodness for Vidala's Fetlock!

    Dave S.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

    > What's your favourite act for indoor areas?
    >
    > What's your favourite act for outdoor areas?
    >
    > For me it's act 5 for its indoor ice caves and worldstone keep areas, and
    > for
    > outdoors, it's act 2 and its desert areas.
    >
    > My least favourite indoor areas would probably be act 1, and for outdoor
    > areas, it's probably a tie between every act other than 2. :-)
    >

    > --
    > Oh great, an El rune...

    Favorite indoor, believe it or not, was the maggot lair for leveling my
    merc.
    But since 1.11 it got to be the indoor ice caves.

    Outdoor is the trav areas and act 2 tombs dessert

    Least favorite indoor has got to be the Jail. I avoid it like the plague.
    And also the arcane level, My merc can never keep up with me.

    Outdoor, are the early act 2 dessert areas, can never find the wps.

    EB
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> writes:

    >What's your favourite act for indoor areas?

    Probably the Harem/Palace Cellar in Act 2. I generally don't like
    indoor areas, though.

    >What's your favourite act for outdoor areas?

    Act 1 and Act 4.

    Least favourite are Act 5 (there I even prefer the indoor areas) and
    the jungle in Act 3.

    - anton
    --
    Britton Robbins' D2 PDF Guides: http://www.brittonrobbins.com/D2Info.htm
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

    > What's your favourite act for indoor areas?

    Act 5. Act 1's indoor areas(and the act 3 areas like Ruined Temple and
    Durance of Hate, and the act 4 Chaos Sanctuary) are too dark, act 2's are
    too narrow and confined.

    > What's your favourite act for outdoor areas?

    Act 2, I like the deserts.

    > --
    > Oh great, an El rune...
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> kirjoitti:

    > What's your favourite act for indoor areas?

    Act II, by far. (I'd say Act IV, but just because the CS is a
    favourite MF run and that's about the whole indoors Act IV, so that's
    not a fair comparison.) Arcane Sanctuary and Maggot Lair are the
    favourite places, there's enough variety with the others and I even
    like the prototype indoor enemies of the act, the revivers, the
    skellies and everything. (At least they're not nearly as annoying as
    the other acts' recurring enemies.)

    > What's your favourite act for outdoor areas?

    There's no such thing.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

    > What's your favourite act for indoor areas?
    >
    > What's your favourite act for outdoor areas?

    I like them all! I'm also indecisive!
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Stephen van Ham wrote:
    > What's your favourite act for indoor areas?
    >
    > What's your favourite act for outdoor areas?
    >
    > For me it's act 5 for its indoor ice caves and worldstone keep areas, and for
    > outdoors, it's act 2 and its desert areas.

    Indoor: Glacial Trail, Crystalline Passage, and all ice caves. Don't
    like Ancient Way because the rats' spikes are very hard to see.

    Outdoor: Rogue's grassland.

    > My least favourite indoor areas would probably be act 1, and for outdoor
    > areas, it's probably a tie between every act other than 2. :-)

    Indoor: (before today) Jail, Catacomb. What is up w/ the Rogues
    torturing their sisters? (after today) Halls of Vaught. Yeah, thanks
    for giving me a tour, Alan. Btw, FatherofSonofJorel orders you to move
    to Ladder now.

    Outdoor: Lower Kurast, Kurast Bazaar, Upper Kurast - can't see those
    doom apes and hell swarms. Frozen Tundras - skellies' cold arrows have
    same color as the background.

    > --
    > Oh great, an El rune...
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Well, I just found my CD, so Yay!!!

    Anyway, I'm still in Normal :)
    But my favorite Indoor Places are usually in Act 2 or 5. Outdoor
    favorites are definitely Act 2 and.....Act 1.

    Least Favorite Indoor places are all in Act 3, hands down. Esp the
    Sewers and the Dungeons.

    Least Favorite Outdoor places would be the beginning of Act 5, and just
    about all of Act 3, and 4.

    Act 4 would be fun, except for all of those nasties that can shoot you
    from off the screen.

    short - I can finally play again!!
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Stephen van Ham wrote:
    > What's your favourite act for indoor areas?

    Act 1

    > What's your favourite act for outdoor areas?

    Act 3, before Kurast.

    > For me it's act 5 for its indoor ice caves and worldstone keep areas, and for
    > outdoors, it's act 2 and its desert areas.

    I don't like the cold places because I spend too much time being blue.
    I feel like Papa Smurf.

    > My least favourite indoor areas would probably be act 1, and for outdoor
    > areas, it's probably a tie between every act other than 2. :-)

    I love the pits, the DoE and the Monastary, they are necro heaven.

    Mickey
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    > I love the pits, the DoE and the Monastary, they are necro heaven.

    What does DoE stand for, and where are the pits? I've heard alot about
    the pits, but I don't know where they are, or why they are so good.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Garret wrote:
    > > I love the pits, the DoE and the Monastary, they are necro heaven.
    >
    > What does DoE stand for, and where are the pits? I've heard alot about
    > the pits, but I don't know where they are, or why they are so good.

    DoE = Den of Evil

    The Pits are located in the Tamoe Highlands. You take the WP to the
    Outer Cloister and follow the path back. One fork in the path leaded to
    the entrance to the Black marsh, the other to the entrance to the Pits.

    Mickey
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    jerk-o wrote:
    > After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>

    > >> What does DoE stand for, and where are the pits? I've heard alot about
    > >> the pits, but I don't know where they are, or why they are so good.
    > >
    > >DoE = Den of Evil
    > >
    > >The Pits are located in the Tamoe Highlands. You take the WP to the
    > >Outer Cloister and follow the path back. One fork in the path leaded to
    > >the entrance to the Black marsh, the other to the entrance to the Pits.
    >
    > You can also get good items from all the champions and bosses in there in hell
    > mode.

    Absolutely, as it, along with the Ancient Tunnels and the WSK are the
    highest TC areas in the game.

    Mickey
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote

    >Garret wrote:
    >> > I love the pits, the DoE and the Monastary, they are necro heaven.
    >>
    >> What does DoE stand for, and where are the pits? I've heard alot about
    >> the pits, but I don't know where they are, or why they are so good.
    >
    >DoE = Den of Evil
    >
    >The Pits are located in the Tamoe Highlands. You take the WP to the
    >Outer Cloister and follow the path back. One fork in the path leaded to
    >the entrance to the Black marsh, the other to the entrance to the Pits.

    You can also get good items from all the champions and bosses in there in hell
    mode.
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

    Depends what I'm doing, but one thing is constant: the worst area of
    the game is the Kurast Sewers Level 1, because it is so hard to find
    your way around. The Maggot Lair is also tiresome because it is so
    narrow and you can't use the tactical options that are available in
    wider areas. And any place that can spawn stair traps is bad for HC
    players.

    I like the A2 tombs a lot, partly because the graphics are so good. The
    deserts are too bright. The open green areas around the Rogue Camp are
    also easy on the eyes, and tactically easy too.

    -- Roy L
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo,alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    <royls@telus.net> wrote in message
    > Depends what I'm doing, but one thing is constant: the worst area of
    > the game is the Kurast Sewers Level 1, because it is so hard to find
    > your way around. The Maggot Lair is also tiresome because it is so
    > narrow and you can't use the tactical options that are available in
    > wider areas. And any place that can spawn stair traps is bad for HC
    > players.

    I agree with all of the above. The Kurast Sewers are probably my least
    favorite single area. It's too dark, I can't see a damned thing down there.
    Those friggin dolls come out of nowhere and you can't react to them. Causes
    me to creep along like a senior citizen with his walker.

    I'll also add that I don't like the Dark Wood. All the trees make it
    difficult/impossible to see the monsters. Many times I'll think I have
    cleared an area, but while looking through the loot some little bugger will
    be wailing on me.

    I also dislike the open spaces of A5, but that's due mainly to those
    annoying teleporting Imps. They're a real PITA to kill without a skill like
    Frozen Orb.

    > I like the A2 tombs a lot, partly because the graphics are so good. The
    > deserts are too bright. The open green areas around the Rogue Camp are
    > also easy on the eyes, and tactically easy too.

    I like the A1 open spaces best of all visually. But the monsters there are
    not challenging enough in Normal and NM so I usually just blow through those
    areas on the express train.

    Regards-
    Mark

    Bongo Fury