Evening calls

When do evenings begin for Verizon? Do they have a plan that features
earlier evening calling?

Thank you
11 answers Last reply
More about evening calls

    On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 04:14:16 GMT, "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >When do evenings begin for Verizon?

    I don't know when evenings begin, but nights begin at 9:00PM local
    time.:) Some old plans (especially out west) may still have 8:00PM
    night start times, but you won't find a current VZW plan like that.

    >Do they have a plan that features
    >earlier evening calling?

    No, not anymore.

    "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > When do evenings begin for Verizon? Do they have a plan that features
    > earlier evening calling?
    >
    > Thank you

    On new plans it is 9PM weeknights and all weekend, however, most of my
    friends and family have verizon phones, and with the unlimited in-network
    calling to other verizon users, you can call free 24 hours a day 7 days a
    week. Even with the old Mobile to Mobile you could call anytime of the day
    to other verizon users. So essentially, from your question, the answer would
    be that they DO have plans that feature not only earlier evening, but at any
    time of day or night calling, to other verizon customers, and/or on family
    share plans, you can also call people on your shareplan anytime of the day
    or night.

    While not a scientific survey, my last bill shows 2267 minutes in-network,
    and 187 not, and out of that, 36 were prime time minutes and the rest (151)
    where free after 9PM to non verizon users.

    Seems to me you only need earlier start times, if the other provider has so
    few customers, that you would have to pay for the call if they didn't make
    it free.

    You may want to modify that question to be do they have plans that feature
    calling NON Verizon customers earlier? :)

    "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > When do evenings begin for Verizon? Do they have a plan that features
    > earlier evening calling?

    I have found that my plan minutes usage has gone down and my total usage is
    a lot higher since IN network was included on my newest plan. You can call
    other VZW customers any time of the day.

    > Thank you

    On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 04:14:16 GMT, "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >When do evenings begin for Verizon? Do they have a plan that features
    >earlier evening calling?
    >
    >Thank you

    The evening calls begin at 9:01 PM. Depending on your calling area a
    call beginning at 9:00 PM may be billed entirely as a peak call.

    Currently there is no plan which begins earlier.

    Thanks for the input.

    "George" <george@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

    > "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > When do evenings begin for Verizon? Do they have a plan that features
    > > earlier evening calling?
    >

    > I have found that my plan minutes usage has gone down and my total usage
    is
    > a lot higher since IN network was included on my newest plan. You can call
    > other VZW customers any time of the day.
    >

    > > Thank you

    thanks

    On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:54:39 GMT, Teddeli <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    >The evening calls begin at 9:01 PM. Depending on your calling area a
    >call beginning at 9:00 PM may be billed entirely as a peak call.

    AFAIK, that's the case everywhere.

    And likewise, a call beginning at 6:59 AM (the last minute of off
    peak) is entirely off peak.

    That is entirely market- or billing system-dependent. In some,
    if not most markets, calls that cross from Peak to Off-Peak, or
    vice-versa, are billed as a "Spanned Call", and are billed only
    to their proper day part. I have an 8pm start time, but if I
    want to call someone earlier, I can make the call with the
    confidence that should the conversation run longer than intended,
    I will only be charged for that time used previous to the start
    of Off-Peak time. The only way to tell for sure is to make a
    spanned call and check your bill or online usage report.

    Say I'd like to call Mom, a non-Verizon user, and I would not
    mind if some of that time spent talking to her, say 10 minutes or
    so, also went to Peak time, I would go ahead and call at 7:50pm
    (since my Off-Peak begins at 8pm). Then I would not once look at
    the clock knowing that the call would only 'cost' mean 10 'real'
    minutes. Also, I would be foolish to get up at 5:50am (since my
    Off-peak ends at 6:00am), to make a long call to someone, even if
    it's only 7:50 on the east coast. And starting your call a bit
    before your (and most other customers') Off-Peak start time, you
    have a slighty better chance of getting and holding a channel at
    the cell site. But, as I mentioned first, the Spanned call
    billing MAY not be available in all markets. It is here.

    Bill Radio
    http://www.mountainwireless.com

    > >The evening calls begin at 9:01 PM. Depending on your calling
    area a
    > >call beginning at 9:00 PM may be billed entirely as a peak
    call.

    A call made at 21:00 will be a non night call. At 21:01 it is a night call.

    From the VZW website.....

    In article <10g91fesb6rsgcc@corp.supernews.com>,
    Bill Radio <Wireless@MountainWirelessNOSPAN.com> wrote:
    >That is entirely market- or billing system-dependent. In some,
    >if not most markets, calls that cross from Peak to Off-Peak, or
    >vice-versa, are billed as a "Spanned Call", and are billed only
    >to their proper day part. I have an 8pm start time, but if I
    >want to call someone earlier, I can make the call with the
    >confidence that should the conversation run longer than intended,
    >I will only be charged for that time used previous to the start
    >of Off-Peak time. The only way to tell for sure is to make a
    >spanned call and check your bill or online usage report.

    I have seen this spanned-call behavior on my bill (SF Bay area,
    California). There is a rate-period code which specifically says
    "spanned call", and behaves as described above.

Verizon Internet Service Providers