What is diff between DLink DWL-G810 and DWL-2100AP bridges?

I see the DWL-G810 bridge
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=241
but it appears this is used to connect ONLY ONE Ethernet device to a
wireless, such as a game console, or PC device. Their pictures always
show each device with it's own G810.

I want to connect two separate WIRED lans, each one having its own
switch. To interconnect two wired networks, could I use 2 DWL-G810's?

I have used DWL-900AP+ in bridge mode to do this. I know the
DWL-900AP+ will interconnect 2 wired networks. I've also looked at
the DWL-2100AP in bridge mode.
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=292

john
3 answers Last reply
More about what diff dlink g810 2100ap bridges

    from dlink tech support the 2100 is purported to have more power and range
    than the 810

    "Old Boy" <mike_d2@netlane.com> wrote:

    >from dlink tech support the 2100 is purported to have more power and range
    >than the 810

    I just looked on the DLink website for the two devices and it shows
    that they BOTH have the same output transmit power:

    15 dBm +/- 2 db

    Is there some other information I'm missing that you found?

    Can the DWL-G810 pass multiple ip's across the bridge or is it just
    one device?

    > "Old Boy" <mike_d2@netlane.com> wrote:
    >
    >>from dlink tech support the 2100 is purported to have more power and range
    >>than the 810
    >>

    > I just looked on the DLink website for the two devices and it shows
    > that they BOTH have the same output transmit power:
    >
    > 15 dBm +/- 2 db
    >
    > Is there some other information I'm missing that you found?
    >
    > Can the DWL-G810 pass multiple ip's across the bridge or is it just
    > one device?

    It looks like DWL-G810 can only accommodate one wired device, and is itself
    a wireless client, not an AP.

    What I can't tell is the difference between the DWL-G810 Wireless Bridge and
    the DWL-G820 Wireless Gaming Adapter, except that the 810 has a 1 dBi
    antenna and the 820 has a 2 dBi antenna.

    Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

Wireless Devices Wireless Networking