What is diff between DLink DWL-G810 and DWL-2100AP bridges?

I see the DWL-G810 bridge
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=241
but it appears this is used to connect ONLY ONE Ethernet device to a
wireless, such as a game console, or PC device. Their pictures always
show each device with it's own G810.

I want to connect two separate WIRED lans, each one having its own
switch. To interconnect two wired networks, could I use 2 DWL-G810's?

I have used DWL-900AP+ in bridge mode to do this. I know the
DWL-900AP+ will interconnect 2 wired networks. I've also looked at
the DWL-2100AP in bridge mode.
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=292

john

from dlink tech support the 2100 is purported to have more power and range
than the 810

"Old Boy" <mike_d2@netlane.com> wrote:

>from dlink tech support the 2100 is purported to have more power and range
>than the 810

I just looked on the DLink website for the two devices and it shows
that they BOTH have the same output transmit power:

15 dBm +/- 2 db

Is there some other information I'm missing that you found?

Can the DWL-G810 pass multiple ip's across the bridge or is it just
one device?

> "Old Boy" <mike_d2@netlane.com> wrote:
>
>>from dlink tech support the 2100 is purported to have more power and range
>>than the 810
>>

> I just looked on the DLink website for the two devices and it shows
> that they BOTH have the same output transmit power:
>
> 15 dBm +/- 2 db
>
> Is there some other information I'm missing that you found?
>
> Can the DWL-G810 pass multiple ip's across the bridge or is it just
> one device?

It looks like DWL-G810 can only accommodate one wired device, and is itself
a wireless client, not an AP.

What I can't tell is the difference between the DWL-G810 Wireless Bridge and
the DWL-G820 Wireless Gaming Adapter, except that the 810 has a 1 dBi
antenna and the 820 has a 2 dBi antenna.

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.