Reviews showing motherboard reliability

cdevidal

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
Does anyone know where I can look up motherboard reliability? Please, no antecdotal evidence (e.g. "I bought an XYZ and I've not had any crashes!"). Boards can vary from model to model and even right next to each other on the assembly line! So only the big picture gives the proper perspective.

I'd like to see non-biased reviews where different boards were really hammered using the same video card, power supply, etc. to help eliminate variables.

I'm seeking boards for workstation and server use.

Thanks!

/dev/idal
"GNU/Linux is free freedom." -- Me

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
You'll never find what you're looking for.

Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then I can continue killing you with beer. -- Homer Simpson.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sorry, these guys don't have the time to care about you and me. The only way to find out how stable and reliable a board really is, is to use it on your main system for a month or two (at least). Too many boards and not enough writers to do that.

So basically reviews you read at review sites normally have no relavence to the quality of the product you will receive. So why read them? At least OBVIOUS flaws are sometimes caught.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS