Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Mine has a nice scratch in it. Anyone know if MS will send me a replacement for a small fee? Do I need the box or anything?

"If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a
wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

"Battling Gimps and Dimbulbs HERE at THGC"
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by clob on 10/11/04 10:28 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

RichPLS

Champion
You can make a copy of one of your friends of the same. This is legal. Just use your registration #.
Better yet, use your friends copy to create yourself a XP SP 2 installation CD.

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Yeah... I'm trying to be legal about it... So an ISO from a well known torrent site will be good too? Legal?

wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!"

RichPLS

Champion
Yes, as long as you purchased a legal copy and use your registration.

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003
Ohh.. Thats cool! Thanks ;)

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Yep, they will replace it. It costs (last time I did it) $9.95US. You'll need your original CD, itself, and the key number (probably). It doesn't take more than a few days to get it. A plus is that the new disk will likely have SP-2 slipstreamed into it, so you won't have all those downloads to wait through.

<font color=green>****</font color=green> Never Assume <font color=red>ANYTHING</font color=red> <font color=green>****</font color=green>

RichPLS

Champion
Yea, but it will take 4-6weeks

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Well... That varies (of course) with your location and how busy Microsoft happens to be at the moment. I've been TOLD 4-6 weeks, but never had any shipment from them take over 2 weeks. Something like a replacement OS disk, I would expect (in the US) in under a week.

<font color=green>****</font color=green> Never Assume <font color=red>ANYTHING</font color=red> <font color=green>****</font color=green>