No Mouse/Keyboard

kkollins

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
Running Windows XP on Asus A7V266-E, XP 2200, 512 Ram, PS2 Mouse and Keyboard (have also tried USB Mouse)..new system...everything works in BIOS....after Windows loads...lose all power to mouse and Keyboard....BIOS is updated and current. I've had many problems with the MOB...in fact just got XP to install after moved the CPU thermal protection jumper (the CPU was not overheating but it was shutting it down)...finally got XP loaded...now I have no keyboard or mouse...I'm thinking its' a jumper setting...would it be driver?..that would be odd since USB, PS2 Mouse and PS2 keyboard all don't work...that's a lot of bad drivers...I have reinstalled XP to eliminate a bad install....any suggestions?

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
Sounds like a mobo problem. If its a new motherboard, Rtake it back to the store or RMA it.

Spec:
Intel P4 2.4B
MSI 645E Max-U Mobo
512MB DDR333
ATI Radeon 9600XT 128MB
SB Live 5.1
WD 60GB
Maxtor 120GB
LG 12x8x32 CDR
WIN2K PRO SP4

endyen

Splendid
Ps2mouse and usb function are bothe in the advanced part of the bios. You must also enable usb in advanced /pci configuration. Check first that you do not have the mouse and keyboard position reversed. In bios make sure ps2 mouse and usb are enabled.