Status
Not open for further replies.

saxifrage

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
I have a home studio with a 24 track version of the above. All of a sudden,the board is not lighting up. I have checked all fuses in the power supply and all seem OK. Has anyone got a schematic of the mixer board that I could get a copy of please? Thank you. saxifrage

TedYB

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
This problem does not sound like it needs a schematic to isolate the problem yet. Use a voltmeter and look for where you don't have power, AC first, then DC next. Audio circuits like mixers use a +/- 15 to 18 Volts DC at the OP-Amps and the power supply is usually quite straight with voltage requlators on the DC outputs. IF it is a switchmode power supply, such as one like in computer system, you will have more of problem to service. It would be best to replace this as a unit since there are volts of +300 Volt DC in the primary side of the closed loop control which is difficult to service at times when you get nailed on the primary voltage. :eek:

stannard phelps

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
I bought a 1982 Studiomaster 16 into 8 mixer from a police auction in
Las Vegas. I had no idea that the power supply would be so difficult to locate. It's a 4-pin, +/- 15 volt DC . Could you tell me where I might find a power source for it?

My EMAIL is: Stann.phelps10@comcast.net.

I also need a manual for it, but the power supply adapter is the most crucial. Many thanks for your consideration.

Stannard E. Phelps, Jr.
Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.