Where have YOU found your best items? (POLL)

Last response: in Video Games
August 21, 2005 2:37:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2;,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?

Guy

More about : found items poll

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 11:33:52 AM

Guy Smiley wrote:
> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?
>
> Guy

I wish I could find some resist stuff for my sorceress. I don't use a
shield so gems don't do nothing. I am in the negative right now asside
form Poison resist. :p
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 7:46:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?

After the reset and starting from scratch I've had a horrible time aquiring
anything, I've got a 65 sorc dressed like a BUM with Tal Rashas wand, she's
like a cheap slut on a street corner:-)) I don't even dare telly anywhere.
August 22, 2005 7:46:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I just did a few Pit runs, only picked up one unique but it was a nice
find. Andy's Visage.

--

Weretable and the Undead Chairs

USWest - weretable
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 10:38:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

>I just did a few Pit runs, only picked up one unique but it was a nice
> find. Andy's Visage.

Nightmare or Hell?
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 10:38:13 AM

"MIS" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote:

>>I just did a few Pit runs, only picked up one unique but it was a nice
>> find. Andy's Visage.
>
>Nightmare or Hell?

Hell.
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 10:55:42 AM

Guy Smiley wrote:
> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?

The usual location, Hell Mephisto. In the 3 days I did MF runs there
with Abe, we got a Harlequin Crest (and 3 yellow shakos, just to piss
us off), an Arachnid's Mesh, 2 Frosties, a Goldwrap, and a host of
other useful items.

Mickey
August 23, 2005 3:05:05 PM

Guy Smiley wrote:
> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?

I have two chars in HCL act II nightmare, so Hell is far off still.
However, normal Baal dropped me a set of unique exceptional throwing
knifes (I forget the name), which is AWESOME since I'm a frenzy/double
throw barb! This was for quest, too - the first and only time this char
has slain Baal.

-Jason
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 5:39:03 PM

In article <ovzOe.11750$0U6.5298@trnddc09>, MIS <nospam@verizon.net> wrote:
>>I just did a few Pit runs, only picked up one unique but it was a nice
>> find. Andy's Visage.
>
>Nightmare or Hell?

If you're running The Pit in NM, you can stop doing that immediately: it's
only in Hell difficulty The Pit (and the other Level 85 areas) are
'different'. In NM, The Pit is nothing special...

Regards,

Patrick.
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 8:59:26 PM

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com>, supreme
> ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>

> >Guy Smiley wrote:
> >> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
> >> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?
> >
> >I have two chars in HCL act II nightmare, so Hell is far off still.
> >However, normal Baal dropped me a set of unique exceptional throwing
> >knifes (I forget the name), which is AWESOME since I'm a frenzy/double
> >throw barb! This was for quest, too - the first and only time this char
> >has slain Baal.
>
> Interesting... I don't even have the original post in the thread.
>
> Anyway, my best finds so far are arguably the Guardian Angel (dropped by NM
> mephisto) and a reaper's toll (dropped in the Hell Crypt).

It seems I get about two golds per run--I have been spending my days
doing a combo of pit/countess runs. The Countess has been a stingy old
thing, and the best drop from her in about 20 runs has been a dol, but
I have found a mal, several sols and and a bunch of amns on the way
down. The pit has been primarily a cash cow for gambling, but I did
find a Mavs armor. I have also managed to fashion a couple Insight
sticks from some ethereal threshers, which Jemima seems to like.

I gave up on finding a decent wand for Unklskelly, and Asheara was kind
enough to sell me one with +3 summoning, +2 bone spirit.

my finds so far:

snowclash, goldwrap, guardian naga, blackleach, mavs armor and boots,
laying of hands, sigons belt and armor, aldurs boots, string of ears
etc.

Of course, since I dont play assassin, I seem to find all sorts of dual
leech plus skills ultra fast claws, but I havent a clue if they are
worth anything so I typically sell them or dump them in agd. I do have
a few nice assassin ammys, so if anyone wants them message me.

Sean
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:13:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com>, supreme
ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Guy Smiley wrote:
>> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
>> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?
>
>I have two chars in HCL act II nightmare, so Hell is far off still.
>However, normal Baal dropped me a set of unique exceptional throwing
>knifes (I forget the name), which is AWESOME since I'm a frenzy/double
>throw barb! This was for quest, too - the first and only time this char
>has slain Baal.

Interesting... I don't even have the original post in the thread.

Anyway, my best finds so far are arguably the Guardian Angel (dropped by NM
mephisto) and a reaper's toll (dropped in the Hell Crypt).
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 2:19:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "unklbob" <mcgriswald@aol.com>, supreme
ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>> Anyway, my best finds so far are arguably the Guardian Angel (dropped by NM
>> mephisto) and a reaper's toll (dropped in the Hell Crypt).

>It seems I get about two golds per run--I have been spending my days
>doing a combo of pit/countess runs. The Countess has been a stingy old
>thing, and the best drop from her in about 20 runs has been a dol, but
>I have found a mal, several sols and and a bunch of amns on the way
>down. The pit has been primarily a cash cow for gambling, but I did
>find a Mavs armor. I have also managed to fashion a couple Insight
>sticks from some ethereal threshers, which Jemima seems to like.

I've never really any luck at all with the Pit, in any ladder season.
However, while doing some NM Baal walks with the gang yesterday, we scored an
ethereal bonehew from Baal, which Demi's paladin's mercenary is now training
up to use. And I just scored an Andariel's Visage from the Ancient Tunnels.
:-)

>I gave up on finding a decent wand for Unklskelly, and Asheara was kind
>enough to sell me one with +3 summoning, +2 bone spirit.

My summoner is still using a magic +3 summoning wand also.
September 7, 2005 10:59:36 PM

xGraveRobberx wrote:
> When u say the pit is lvl 85, are u refering to the possible max ilvls for
> the drops there? If so, is there a place online where I might find a list
> containing this info?
>
> Any help appreciated.

Reposted from:

Newsgroups: alt.games.diablo2
From: noneyabusiness <m...@you.com> - Find messages by this author
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:39:17 GMT
Subject: Area Levels Listing - Reordered By Area

I took a moment and changed the listing to reflect how Blizzard orders
the maps. Hope I got act 5 right (I only have "Classic").

ACT 1

Normal____NM_________Hell_____­__Location
1_________36__________67______­__Blood Moor
1_________36__________79______­__Den of Evil
2_________36__________68______­__Cold Plains
2_________36__________77______­__Cave Level 1
2_________37__________78______­__Cave Level 2
3_________36__________80______­__Burial Grounds
3_________37__________83______­__Crypt
3_________37__________85______­__Mausoleum
4_________37__________68______­__Stony Field
6_________39__________76______­__Tristram
4_________37__________69______­__Underground Passage Level 1
4_________38__________83______­__Underground Passage Level 2
5_________38__________68______­__Dark Wood
6_________38__________69______­__Black Marsh
5_________38__________80______­__Hole Level 1
5_________39__________81______­__Hole Level 2
7_________38__________75______­__Tower Cellar Level 1
7_________39__________76______­__Tower Cellar Level 2
7_________40__________77______­__Tower Cellar Level 3
7_________41__________78______­__Tower Cellar Level 4
7_________42__________79______­__Tower Cellar Level 5
8_________39__________69______­__Tamoe Highland
7_________39__________85______­__Pit Level 1
7_________40__________85______­__Pit Level 2
8_________40__________70______­__Monastery Gate
9_________40__________70______­__Outer Cloister
9_________40__________70______­__Barracks
10________41__________71______­__Jail Level 1
10________41__________71______­__Jail Level 2
10________41__________71______­__Jail Level 3
10________41__________72______­__Inner Cloister
11________42__________72______­__Cathedral
11________42__________72______­__Catacombs Level 1
11________42__________73______­__Catacombs Level 2
12________43__________73______­__Catacombs Level 3
12________43__________73______­__Catacombs Level 4

ACT 2

Normal____NM_________Hell_____­__Location
13________43__________74______­__Sewers Level 1
13________43__________74______­__Sewers Level 2
14________44__________75______­__Sewers Level 3
14________43__________75______­__Rocky Waste
12________44__________78______­__Stony Tomb Level 1
12________44__________79______­__Stony Tomb Level 2
15________44__________76______­__Dry Hills
12________44__________79______­__Halls of the Dead Level 1
13________45__________81______­__Halls of the Dead Level 2
13________45__________82______­__Halls of the Dead Level 3
16________45__________76______­__Far Oasis
17________45__________84______­__Maggot Lair Level 1
17________45__________84______­__Maggot Lair Level 2
17________46__________85______­__Maggot Lair Level 3
17________46__________77______­__Lost City
17________46__________85______­__Ancient Tunnels
18________46__________77______­__Valley of Snakes
14________47__________82______­__Claw Viper Temple Level 1
14________47__________83______­__Claw Viper Temple Level 2
13________47__________78______­__Harem Level 2
13________47__________78______­__Palace Cellar Level 1
13________47__________78______­__Palace Cellar Level 2
13________48__________78______­__Palace Cellar Level 3
14________48__________79______­__Arcane Sanctuary
16________48__________79______­__Canyon of the Magi
17________49__________80______­__Tal Rasha's Tomb
17________49__________80______­__Tal Rasha's Chamber (Duriel's Lair)

ACT 3

Normal____NM_________Hell_____­__Location
21________49__________79______­__Spider Forest
21________50__________79______­__Aracnid Lair
21________50__________79______­__Spider Cavern
21________50__________80______­__Great Marsh
22________50__________80______­__Flayer Jungle
21________51__________80______­__Swampy Pit Level 1
21________51__________81______­__Swampy Pit Level 2
21________51__________82______­__Swampy Pit Level 3
22________51__________81______­__Flayer Dungeon Level 1
22________51__________82______­__Flayer Dungeon Level 2
22________51__________83______­__Flayer Dungeon Level 3
22________52__________80______­__Lower Kurast
22________52__________81______­__Kurast Bazaar
23________53__________84______­__Disused Fane
23________53__________84______­__Ruined Temple
23________52__________84______­__Sewers Level 1
24________53__________85______­__Sewers Level 2
23________52__________81______­__Upper Kurast
24________54__________85______­__Forgotten Temple
23________53__________84______­__Forgotten Reliquary
24________53__________81______­__Kurast Causeway
24________54__________85______­__Disused Reliquary
24________54__________85______­__Ruined Fane
24________54__________82______­__Travincal
25________55__________83______­__Durance of Hate Level 1
25________55__________83______­__Durance of Hate Level 2
25________55__________83______­__Durance of Hate Level 3

ACT 4

26________56__________82______­__Outer Steppes
26________56__________83______­__Plains of Despair
27________57__________84______­__City of the Damned
27________57__________85______­__River of Flame
28________58__________85______­__Chaos Sanctuary

Secret Cow Level

28________64__________81______­__Moo Moo Farm

ACT 5

Normal____NM_________Hell_____­__Location
24________58__________80______­__Bloody Foothills
25________59__________81______­__Frigid Highlands
39________60__________81______­__Abaddon
26________60__________81______­__Arreat Plateau
39________61__________82______­__Pit of Acheron
29________61__________82______­__Crystal Passage
29________61__________83______­__Frozen River
32________63__________83______­__Nihlathaks Temple
33________63__________83______­__Halls of Anguish
34________64__________84______­__Halls of Pain
36________64__________84______­__Halls of Vaught
29________61__________83______­__Glacial Trail
29________61__________84______­__Drifter Cavern
27________60__________81______­__Frozen Tundra
39________62__________83______­__Infernal Pit
29________62__________82______­__Ancients' Way
29________62__________83______­__Icy Cellar
37________68__________87______­__Arreat Summit
39________65__________85______­__The Worldstone Keep Level 1
40________65__________85______­__The Worldstone Keep Level 2
42________66__________85______­__The Worldstone Keep Level 3
43________66__________85______­__Throne of Destruction
43________66__________85______­__The Worldstone Chamber
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 5:19:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote in

> Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
>>>
>>> Nightmare or Hell?
>>
>> If you're running The Pit in NM, you can stop doing that immediately:
>> it's only in Hell difficulty The Pit (and the other Level 85 areas)
>> are 'different'. In NM, The Pit is nothing special...
>
> Ya. In NM the pit is level 39/40. Tamoe Highlands is 39, Monastary gate is
> 40 and it just goes up from there.
>
> The anomoly only exisists in Hell. (Tamoe lvl 69, Pit lvl 85)

When u say the pit is lvl 85, are u refering to the possible max ilvls for
the drops there? If so, is there a place online where I might find a list
containing this info?

Any help appreciated.

Thnx!

xGraveRobberx

USEast NL
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 6:56:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>No, normal monsters there can drop ilvl 85, champion/fanatic/berserk/ghostly
>and bosses can drop ilvl 87.

88 for uniques/superuniques (arealevel+3).

--
Hamster-HC, level 19 Barbarian, West HCL
CombatTwit, level 13 Barbarian, SPF single-tree tournament

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>Stephen van Ham wrote:
>> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz>, in a display of leetness, fell
>> down the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash
>> at Baal...
>>
>>> No, normal monsters there can drop ilvl 85,
>>> champion/fanatic/berserk/ghostly and bosses can drop ilvl 87.
>>
>> 88 for uniques/superuniques (arealevel+3).
>
>Doh! I thought that was it (Alice told me ages ago) but I thought I'd err on
>the side of caution.

The only real difference this makes is that uniques and their minions (but not
champions) in level *84* areas can drop TC87 items as well.

--
Hamster-HC, level 19 Barbarian, West HCL
CombatTwit, level 13 Barbarian, SPF single-tree tournament
September 9, 2005 10:43:54 PM

~misfit~ wrote:
> xGraveRobberx wrote:
> > Thanks a ton Jason. This is exactly what I was looking for.
>
> Yes, good of Jason to repost it yet again. ;-)
>
> > Even if
> > act 5 is inaccurate, it is more than close enough for my taste :-P
>
> It's not innacurate at all. Jason just meant that the order of the areas may
> not be quite right as he doesn't have the expansion himself to check.
> However it looks good to me.

Actually, that's not what I meant at all. I simply reposted a previous
reply. It was the original author that typed that.

-Jason
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 2:24:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in

> xGraveRobberx wrote:
>> When u say the pit is lvl 85, are u refering to the possible max ilvls for
>> the drops there? If so, is there a place online where I might find a list
>> containing this info?
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>
> Reposted from:
>

> Newsgroups: alt.games.diablo2
> From: noneyabusiness <m...@you.com> - Find messages by this author
> Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:39:17 GMT
> Subject: Area Levels Listing - Reordered By Area
>
> I took a moment and changed the listing to reflect how Blizzard orders
> the maps. Hope I got act 5 right (I only have "Classic").

> [...]

Thanks a ton Jason. This is exactly what I was looking for. Even if act 5 is
inaccurate, it is more than close enough for my taste :-P

Thnx again!

xGraveRobberx
US East NL
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 5:18:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Best drop to date is Trang-ouls scales from a chest in Hells Blood Moors :)

--
*****
Acc: Nordooke

USWEST ; Grunta lvl 35 Barb
; Creepa lvl 70 Necro

Acc: ekoodron

USWEST ; Gruntette lvl67 Sorc
watch this space
*****
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 12:28:56 PM

Guy Smiley wrote:
> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?

Mephisto

Mickey
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 12:46:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Jam" <jaysam168@optusnet.nospam.com.au> wrote in

> Best drop to date is Trang-ouls scales from a chest in Hells Blood
> Moors :)

Agreed. Had Scales drop from a Skellie Archer boss outside of the Hell Outer
Cloister wp not even an hour ago...now if I can just figure out what to do
with 3 pairs...

xGraveRobberx
US East NL
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 4:10:47 AM

neithskye wrote:

> Some of the most notable things I've horked . . .

You can add a Stormshield to that list, after the critter I horked it
from dropped a socketed short war bow, in the first ever Hell Ancient
Tunnels run my Barb has ever done.

Not to mention a Nord's Tenderizer Truncheon and a Djinn Slayer Ataghan
dropped in the 10 minutes preceding that.

Happy, happy Barbarian. :-)

Jill
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 10:59:10 AM

neithskye wrote:
> neithskye wrote:
>
>> Some of the most notable things I've horked . . .
>
> You can add a Stormshield to that list, after the critter I horked it
> from dropped a socketed short war bow, in the first ever Hell Ancient
> Tunnels run my Barb has ever done.
>
> Not to mention a Nord's Tenderizer Truncheon and a Djinn Slayer
> Ataghan dropped in the 10 minutes preceding that.
>
> Happy, happy Barbarian. :-)
>
> Jill

Way to go, Jill!

Um, betcha never thought you'd grow up to be a, uh . . . Horker, huh, huh,
didja? :D
--
chainbreaker
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"chainbreaker" wrote...
> neithskye wrote:
>> neithskye wrote:
>>
>>> Some of the most notable things I've horked . . .
>>
>> You can add a Stormshield to that list, after the critter I horked it
>> from dropped a socketed short war bow, in the first ever Hell Ancient
>> Tunnels run my Barb has ever done.
>>
>> Not to mention a Nord's Tenderizer Truncheon and a Djinn Slayer
>> Ataghan dropped in the 10 minutes preceding that.
>>
>> Happy, happy Barbarian. :-)
>>
>> Jill
>
> Way to go, Jill!
>
> Um, betcha never thought you'd grow up to be a, uh . . . Horker, huh, huh,
> didja? :D

I hate to sound like Commander Data, here, but... what is the etymology of
that idiom?

Where did the term, "hork," come to be applied to this? Does anyone know?
September 19, 2005 6:27:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote
in message news:_YkXe.90293$xl6.78193@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

> Where did the term, "hork," come to be applied to this? Does anyone know?

I'm no Linguist, I don't even portray one on the Internet. But my guess
would be that it has to do with the sound the Barbarian makes when he uses
the 'Find Item/Potion' skill.

I'll take 'Barbarian Skills' for 1000, Alex.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo Fury
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 6:29:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Mark" wrote...

> "Brian Kastel" wrote...
>>
>> Where did the term, "hork," come to be applied to this? Does anyone
>> know?
>
> I'm no Linguist, I don't even portray one on the Internet. But my guess
> would be that it has to do with the sound the Barbarian makes when he uses
> the 'Find Item/Potion' skill.
>
> I'll take 'Barbarian Skills' for 1000, Alex.

Shows how much I play a barb.... Thanks for the info. :)
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 1:18:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com>, in a display of
leetness, fell down the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked
sash at Baal...

>neithskye wrote:
>
>> Some of the most notable things I've horked . . .
>
>You can add a Stormshield to that list, after the critter I horked it
>from dropped a socketed short war bow, in the first ever Hell Ancient
>Tunnels run my Barb has ever done.
>
>Not to mention a Nord's Tenderizer Truncheon and a Djinn Slayer Ataghan
>dropped in the 10 minutes preceding that.
>
>Happy, happy Barbarian. :-)

Wow! You've been doing a lot better on the horking side of things than my
barbs do. What's your approach? I generally only hork bosses in solo
games, and usually give up trying to do it in multiplayer as I keep lagging
behind the party.

However, I did once name a barbarian LukeSkyhorker in an attempt to bias my
horking luck. But it hasn't really helped... yet.

--
USWest SCL: 80 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.
September 19, 2005 1:18:26 PM

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

> However, I did once name a barbarian LukeSkyhorker in an attempt to bias
> my
> horking luck. But it hasn't really helped... yet.

I remember a character back in 1.09 who was a specific built Horker. It was
back with the GAT group when we were running the L99 thing, doing LOTS of
Cow games. He would follow along in the wake of the party and Hork all the
corpses. I doubt if he ever killed a monster in his entire career. You know,
rush and equip, then do your job. But his job was just to Hork. So he'd
follow along with maxed FI, and MF and GF. So he found a lot of stuff. But
the character wasn't generally appreciated, because the player tended to
only share the 'junk' with the actual killers in the party. The 'good stuff'
he never mentioned finding. Needless to say, the character, and the player,
didn't last long in the group.

But it might be a good side light for a BO bitch. If you don't mind playing
a 'support' character.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo Fury
September 19, 2005 1:18:27 PM

"Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>>
>> However, I did once name a barbarian LukeSkyhorker in an attempt to bias
>> my
>> horking luck. But it hasn't really helped... yet.
>
> I remember a character back in 1.09 who was a specific built Horker. It
> was back with the GAT group when we were running the L99 thing, doing LOTS
> of Cow games. He would follow along in the wake of the party and Hork all
> the corpses. I doubt if he ever killed a monster in his entire career. You
> know, rush and equip, then do your job. But his job was just to Hork. So
> he'd follow along with maxed FI, and MF and GF. So he found a lot of
> stuff. But the character wasn't generally appreciated, because the player
> tended to only share the 'junk' with the actual killers in the party. The
> 'good stuff' he never mentioned finding. Needless to say, the character,
> and the player, didn't last long in the group.
>
> But it might be a good side light for a BO bitch. If you don't mind
> playing a 'support' character.

Horker and a BO Bitch. Hmmmmm I shudder at the implications 8D

--
In a World full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

chainbreaker wrote:

> Way to go, Jill!

Thanks, darlin'. :-)

> Um, betcha never thought you'd grow up to be a, uh . . . Horker, huh, huh,
> didja? :D

Funny you should say that. I guess from my e-mail address it's easy to
figure out my last name. I guess it's also easy to figure out what
rhymes with my last name. I was called this pretty much every day of my
junior and middle school career. Never forget the look on my Mom's face
when I came home from school one day and asked, "Mom, what's a h****r?"
I must have been around 7. :p

Jill
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 6:57:25 PM

Stephen van Ham wrote:

> Wow! You've been doing a lot better on the horking side of things than my
> barbs do. What's your approach? I generally only hork bosses in solo
> games, and usually give up trying to do it in multiplayer as I keep lagging
> behind the party.

Well, first of all, the Nord's Tenderizer and Djinn Slayer were dropped
by bosses; I didn't hork them, in case there was confusion.

I'm soloing my Barb so lagging behind a party is not an issue. He takes
his jolly sweet time. And he horks everything - bosses, champs,
minions, regular critters. That SS was horked from a regular Sand
Raider dude.

I have an Echoing Ammy I put on every 5 minutes or so in battle to
refresh my Warcries. After I kill some boss I put this ammy on and
switch over to my Echoing Kris and Heart Carver to up the slvl of his
Find Item. After he's horked, he does his Warcries, puts his battle
Ammy back on again, and off he goes. This entire dance is probably
unnecessary, but as I decided when I made him to play him untwinked, I
always kinda think you never know what that extra percentage point in
FI might bring. I think it's actually better to have more MF and less
in FI on switch, but he seems to do okay with what he has, and awaits
his first Ali Baba. :-)

As for the luck he had in finding those uniques, I think it's just one
of those BNet "burps" where, for a time, it seems to drop lots of nice
stuff. The next game I made I was confronted by a Champion Sand Leaper
the minute I stepped off the Lost City WP and that thing dropped a gold
Gilded shield. A 192% ED Herald of Zakarum that I very excitedly
dropped at the feet of my Smiter friend. He seems very pleased with his
new toy.

Since then the Tunnels have dropped nothing exciting (I don't feel
comfortable yet dealing with the archers in the Pit), but I don't mind
as every run nets him more XP to get him closer to another level and
more skill/stat points.

> However, I did once name a barbarian LukeSkyhorker in an attempt to bias my
> horking luck.

LOL! I LOVE that name. For my Barb, I wanted to play around with the
term "beefcake", so I looked up its etymology. It's derived from the
word "cow" whose Indo-European root is "gwou", from which the Old Irish
word "bo" is derived. Now, since the Barb has the BO skill, and since I
love LotR, I named my Barb . . . BoBoBaggins. :p

Jill
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 10:45:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahooters.co.nz>, in a display of leetness, fell down
the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>Mark wrote:
>> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>>>
>>> However, I did once name a barbarian LukeSkyhorker in an attempt to
>>> bias my
>>> horking luck. But it hasn't really helped... yet.
>>
>> I remember a character back in 1.09 who was a specific built Horker.
>> It was back with the GAT group when we were running the L99 thing,
>> doing LOTS of Cow games. He would follow along in the wake of the
>> party and Hork all the corpses. I doubt if he ever killed a monster
>> in his entire career. You know, rush and equip, then do your job. But
>> his job was just to Hork. So he'd follow along with maxed FI, and MF
>> and GF. So he found a lot of stuff. But the character wasn't
>> generally appreciated, because the player tended to only share the
>> 'junk' with the actual killers in the party. The 'good stuff' he
>> never mentioned finding. Needless to say, the character, and the
>> player, didn't last long in the group.
>> But it might be a good side light for a BO bitch. If you don't mind
>> playing a 'support' character.
>
>:-)

If I can find a good regular team to game with, I'd be happy to make a
"singer" in USWest HCL, as I built one last season in SC, and had a lot of fun
with him.

--
USWest SCL: 80 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 3:28:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com>, in a display of
leetness, fell down the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked
sash at Baal...

>I'm soloing my Barb so lagging behind a party is not an issue. He takes
>his jolly sweet time. And he horks everything - bosses, champs,
>minions, regular critters. That SS was horked from a regular Sand
>Raider dude.

And a jolly barb he is as a result, I'm sure.

>I have an Echoing Ammy I put on every 5 minutes or so in battle to
>refresh my Warcries. After I kill some boss I put this ammy on and
>switch over to my Echoing Kris and Heart Carver to up the slvl of his
>Find Item. After he's horked, he does his Warcries, puts his battle
>Ammy back on again, and off he goes. This entire dance is probably
>unnecessary, but as I decided when I made him to play him untwinked, I
>always kinda think you never know what that extra percentage point in
>FI might bring. I think it's actually better to have more MF and less
>in FI on switch, but he seems to do okay with what he has, and awaits
>his first Ali Baba. :-)

Okay, thank you for explaining. I was imagining a happy go lucky barb
wandering from boss to boss going "ungh, blue, ungh, blue, ungh, unique, whoo,
ungh, blue, ungh, rare, ungh, whoo, unique!"

* Ungh (C) 2004 B.B.

>> However, I did once name a barbarian LukeSkyhorker in an attempt to bias my
>> horking luck.

>LOL! I LOVE that name. For my Barb, I wanted to play around with the
>term "beefcake", so I looked up its etymology. It's derived from the
>word "cow" whose Indo-European root is "gwou", from which the Old Irish
>word "bo" is derived. Now, since the Barb has the BO skill, and since I
>love LotR, I named my Barb . . . BoBoBaggins. :p

Hey, I have a single player barbarian from 1.00 called Beefcake!

--
USWest SCL: 82 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.
Anonymous

On 15 Sep 2005 08:28:56 -0700, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

>Guy Smiley wrote:
>> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
>> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?
>
>Mephisto
>
>Mickey

I'd have to agree... but that's about the only Boss I run in Hell.

So far this season from Hell Mephisto...

SS
Shako x 2
Gheed's
Psn Facet

....of note anyhow... I've gotten plenty of other set and unique
items...

From Ancient Tunnels... the best I've gotten was a Horizon's
Tornado...

- Samiel
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 8:09:45 PM

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahooters.co.nz> wrote in message
> neithskye wrote:
>> neithskye wrote:
>>
>>> Some of the most notable things I've horked . . .
>>
>> You can add a Stormshield to that list, after the critter I horked it
>> from dropped a socketed short war bow, in the first ever Hell Ancient
>> Tunnels run my Barb has ever done.
>>
>> Not to mention a Nord's Tenderizer Truncheon and a Djinn Slayer
>> Ataghan dropped in the 10 minutes preceding that.
>>
>> Happy, happy Barbarian. :-)
>
> Good stuff Jill. I'm gonna have to get on with my barb I think. :-)

This all seems odd to me, everyone has more items than I do. I will have to
move quickly to alter that :)

Mickey
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 10:22:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Samiel <samiel@samiel.com>, in a display of leetness, fell down the stairs,
tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>On 15 Sep 2005 08:28:56 -0700, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Guy Smiley wrote:
>>> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
>>> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?
>>
>>Mephisto
>>
>>Mickey
>>
>I'd have to agree... but that's about the only Boss I run in Hell.
>
>So far this season from Hell Mephisto...
>
>SS
>Shako x 2
>Gheed's
>Psn Facet

Cool! I've bagged a few very nice goodies from him, although I don't run him
nearly as much as some people. However, this season he's dropped:

Skullder's Ire x 2
Ribcracker
Occulus
Dracul's Grasp
Stormshield
Mosers
Stone of Jordan :-)
Gimmershred
And Gheed's and a poison facet, too, just like you (no harlys, yet, though)

And so on. He's still my guy. :-)

>...of note anyhow... I've gotten plenty of other set and unique
>items...

Hehe, yeah, the "filler" items do tend to rain down from him a lot.

--
USWest SCL: 82 barb, 87 necro, 87 paladin, 87 sorceress.
!