Where have YOU found your best items? (POLL)

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2;,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?

Guy

Guy Smiley wrote:
> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?
>
> Guy

I wish I could find some resist stuff for my sorceress. I don't use a
shield so gems don't do nothing. I am in the negative right now asside
form Poison resist. :p

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?

After the reset and starting from scratch I've had a horrible time aquiring
anything, I've got a 65 sorc dressed like a BUM with Tal Rashas wand, she's
like a cheap slut on a street corner:)) I don't even dare telly anywhere.

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

I just did a few Pit runs, only picked up one unique but it was a nice
find. Andy's Visage.

--

Weretable and the Undead Chairs

USWest - weretable

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

>I just did a few Pit runs, only picked up one unique but it was a nice
> find. Andy's Visage.

Nightmare or Hell?

"MIS" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote:

>>I just did a few Pit runs, only picked up one unique but it was a nice
>> find. Andy's Visage.
>
>Nightmare or Hell?

Hell.

Guy Smiley wrote:
> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?

The usual location, Hell Mephisto. In the 3 days I did MF runs there
with Abe, we got a Harlequin Crest (and 3 yellow shakos, just to piss
us off), an Arachnid's Mesh, 2 Frosties, a Goldwrap, and a host of
other useful items.

Mickey

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Guy Smiley wrote:
> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?

I have two chars in HCL act II nightmare, so Hell is far off still.
However, normal Baal dropped me a set of unique exceptional throwing
knifes (I forget the name), which is AWESOME since I'm a frenzy/double
throw barb! This was for quest, too - the first and only time this char
has slain Baal.

-Jason

In article <ovzOe.11750$0U6.5298@trnddc09>, MIS <nospam@verizon.net> wrote:
>>I just did a few Pit runs, only picked up one unique but it was a nice
>> find. Andy's Visage.
>
>Nightmare or Hell?

If you're running The Pit in NM, you can stop doing that immediately: it's
only in Hell difficulty The Pit (and the other Level 85 areas) are
'different'. In NM, The Pit is nothing special...

Regards,

Patrick.

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com>, supreme
> ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>

> >Guy Smiley wrote:
> >> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
> >> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?
> >
> >I have two chars in HCL act II nightmare, so Hell is far off still.
> >However, normal Baal dropped me a set of unique exceptional throwing
> >knifes (I forget the name), which is AWESOME since I'm a frenzy/double
> >throw barb! This was for quest, too - the first and only time this char
> >has slain Baal.
>
> Interesting... I don't even have the original post in the thread.
>
> Anyway, my best finds so far are arguably the Guardian Angel (dropped by NM
> mephisto) and a reaper's toll (dropped in the Hell Crypt).

It seems I get about two golds per run--I have been spending my days
doing a combo of pit/countess runs. The Countess has been a stingy old
thing, and the best drop from her in about 20 runs has been a dol, but
I have found a mal, several sols and and a bunch of amns on the way
down. The pit has been primarily a cash cow for gambling, but I did
find a Mavs armor. I have also managed to fashion a couple Insight
sticks from some ethereal threshers, which Jemima seems to like.

I gave up on finding a decent wand for Unklskelly, and Asheara was kind
enough to sell me one with +3 summoning, +2 bone spirit.

my finds so far:

snowclash, goldwrap, guardian naga, blackleach, mavs armor and boots,
laying of hands, sigons belt and armor, aldurs boots, string of ears
etc.

Of course, since I dont play assassin, I seem to find all sorts of dual
leech plus skills ultra fast claws, but I havent a clue if they are
worth anything so I typically sell them or dump them in agd. I do have
a few nice assassin ammys, so if anyone wants them message me.

Sean

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "unklbob" <mcgriswald@aol.com>, supreme
ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>> Anyway, my best finds so far are arguably the Guardian Angel (dropped by NM
>> mephisto) and a reaper's toll (dropped in the Hell Crypt).

>It seems I get about two golds per run--I have been spending my days
>doing a combo of pit/countess runs. The Countess has been a stingy old
>thing, and the best drop from her in about 20 runs has been a dol, but
>I have found a mal, several sols and and a bunch of amns on the way
>down. The pit has been primarily a cash cow for gambling, but I did
>find a Mavs armor. I have also managed to fashion a couple Insight
>sticks from some ethereal threshers, which Jemima seems to like.

I've never really any luck at all with the Pit, in any ladder season.
However, while doing some NM Baal walks with the gang yesterday, we scored an
ethereal bonehew from Baal, which Demi's paladin's mercenary is now training
up to use. And I just scored an Andariel's Visage from the Ancient Tunnels.
:)

>I gave up on finding a decent wand for Unklskelly, and Asheara was kind
>enough to sell me one with +3 summoning, +2 bone spirit.

My summoner is still using a magic +3 summoning wand also.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

xGraveRobberx wrote:
> When u say the pit is lvl 85, are u refering to the possible max ilvls for
> the drops there? If so, is there a place online where I might find a list
> containing this info?
>
> Any help appreciated.

Reposted from:

Newsgroups: alt.games.diablo2
From: noneyabusiness <m...@you.com> - Find messages by this author
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:39:17 GMT
Subject: Area Levels Listing - Reordered By Area

I took a moment and changed the listing to reflect how Blizzard orders
the maps. Hope I got act 5 right (I only have "Classic").

ACT 1

Normal____NM_________Hell_____­__Location
1_________36__________67______­__Blood Moor
1_________36__________79______­__Den of Evil
2_________36__________68______­__Cold Plains
2_________36__________77______­__Cave Level 1
2_________37__________78______­__Cave Level 2
3_________36__________80______­__Burial Grounds
3_________37__________83______­__Crypt
3_________37__________85______­__Mausoleum
4_________37__________68______­__Stony Field
6_________39__________76______­__Tristram
4_________37__________69______­__Underground Passage Level 1
4_________38__________83______­__Underground Passage Level 2
5_________38__________68______­__Dark Wood
6_________38__________69______­__Black Marsh
5_________38__________80______­__Hole Level 1
5_________39__________81______­__Hole Level 2
7_________38__________75______­__Tower Cellar Level 1
7_________39__________76______­__Tower Cellar Level 2
7_________40__________77______­__Tower Cellar Level 3
7_________41__________78______­__Tower Cellar Level 4
7_________42__________79______­__Tower Cellar Level 5
8_________39__________69______­__Tamoe Highland
7_________39__________85______­__Pit Level 1
7_________40__________85______­__Pit Level 2
8_________40__________70______­__Monastery Gate
9_________40__________70______­__Outer Cloister
9_________40__________70______­__Barracks
10________41__________71______­__Jail Level 1
10________41__________71______­__Jail Level 2
10________41__________71______­__Jail Level 3
10________41__________72______­__Inner Cloister
11________42__________72______­__Cathedral
11________42__________72______­__Catacombs Level 1
11________42__________73______­__Catacombs Level 2
12________43__________73______­__Catacombs Level 3
12________43__________73______­__Catacombs Level 4

ACT 2

Normal____NM_________Hell_____­__Location
13________43__________74______­__Sewers Level 1
13________43__________74______­__Sewers Level 2
14________44__________75______­__Sewers Level 3
14________43__________75______­__Rocky Waste
12________44__________78______­__Stony Tomb Level 1
12________44__________79______­__Stony Tomb Level 2
15________44__________76______­__Dry Hills
12________44__________79______­__Halls of the Dead Level 1
13________45__________81______­__Halls of the Dead Level 2
13________45__________82______­__Halls of the Dead Level 3
16________45__________76______­__Far Oasis
17________45__________84______­__Maggot Lair Level 1
17________45__________84______­__Maggot Lair Level 2
17________46__________85______­__Maggot Lair Level 3
17________46__________77______­__Lost City
17________46__________85______­__Ancient Tunnels
18________46__________77______­__Valley of Snakes
14________47__________82______­__Claw Viper Temple Level 1
14________47__________83______­__Claw Viper Temple Level 2
13________47__________78______­__Harem Level 2
13________47__________78______­__Palace Cellar Level 1
13________47__________78______­__Palace Cellar Level 2
13________48__________78______­__Palace Cellar Level 3
14________48__________79______­__Arcane Sanctuary
16________48__________79______­__Canyon of the Magi
17________49__________80______­__Tal Rasha's Tomb
17________49__________80______­__Tal Rasha's Chamber (Duriel's Lair)

ACT 3

Normal____NM_________Hell_____­__Location
21________49__________79______­__Spider Forest
21________50__________79______­__Aracnid Lair
21________50__________79______­__Spider Cavern
21________50__________80______­__Great Marsh
22________50__________80______­__Flayer Jungle
21________51__________80______­__Swampy Pit Level 1
21________51__________81______­__Swampy Pit Level 2
21________51__________82______­__Swampy Pit Level 3
22________51__________81______­__Flayer Dungeon Level 1
22________51__________82______­__Flayer Dungeon Level 2
22________51__________83______­__Flayer Dungeon Level 3
22________52__________80______­__Lower Kurast
22________52__________81______­__Kurast Bazaar
23________53__________84______­__Disused Fane
23________53__________84______­__Ruined Temple
23________52__________84______­__Sewers Level 1
24________53__________85______­__Sewers Level 2
23________52__________81______­__Upper Kurast
24________54__________85______­__Forgotten Temple
23________53__________84______­__Forgotten Reliquary
24________53__________81______­__Kurast Causeway
24________54__________85______­__Disused Reliquary
24________54__________85______­__Ruined Fane
24________54__________82______­__Travincal
25________55__________83______­__Durance of Hate Level 1
25________55__________83______­__Durance of Hate Level 2
25________55__________83______­__Durance of Hate Level 3

ACT 4

26________56__________82______­__Outer Steppes
26________56__________83______­__Plains of Despair
27________57__________84______­__City of the Damned
27________57__________85______­__River of Flame
28________58__________85______­__Chaos Sanctuary

Secret Cow Level

28________64__________81______­__Moo Moo Farm

ACT 5

Normal____NM_________Hell_____­__Location
24________58__________80______­__Bloody Foothills
25________59__________81______­__Frigid Highlands
39________60__________81______­__Abaddon
26________60__________81______­__Arreat Plateau
39________61__________82______­__Pit of Acheron
29________61__________82______­__Crystal Passage
29________61__________83______­__Frozen River
32________63__________83______­__Nihlathaks Temple
33________63__________83______­__Halls of Anguish
34________64__________84______­__Halls of Pain
36________64__________84______­__Halls of Vaught
29________61__________83______­__Glacial Trail
29________61__________84______­__Drifter Cavern
27________60__________81______­__Frozen Tundra
39________62__________83______­__Infernal Pit
29________62__________82______­__Ancients' Way
29________62__________83______­__Icy Cellar
37________68__________87______­__Arreat Summit
39________65__________85______­__The Worldstone Keep Level 1
40________65__________85______­__The Worldstone Keep Level 2
42________66__________85______­__The Worldstone Keep Level 3
43________66__________85______­__Throne of Destruction
43________66__________85______­__The Worldstone Chamber

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz> wrote in

> Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
>>>
>>> Nightmare or Hell?
>>
>> If you're running The Pit in NM, you can stop doing that immediately:
>> it's only in Hell difficulty The Pit (and the other Level 85 areas)
>> are 'different'. In NM, The Pit is nothing special...
>
> Ya. In NM the pit is level 39/40. Tamoe Highlands is 39, Monastary gate is
> 40 and it just goes up from there.
>
> The anomoly only exisists in Hell. (Tamoe lvl 69, Pit lvl 85)

When u say the pit is lvl 85, are u refering to the possible max ilvls for
the drops there? If so, is there a place online where I might find a list
containing this info?

Any help appreciated.

Thnx!

xGraveRobberx

USEast NL

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>No, normal monsters there can drop ilvl 85, champion/fanatic/berserk/ghostly
>and bosses can drop ilvl 87.

88 for uniques/superuniques (arealevel+3).

--
Hamster-HC, level 19 Barbarian, West HCL
CombatTwit, level 13 Barbarian, SPF single-tree tournament

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz>, in a display of leetness, fell down the
stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash at Baal...

>Stephen van Ham wrote:
>> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@yahoot.co.nz>, in a display of leetness, fell
>> down the stairs, tripped over an urn, and then threw a cracked sash
>> at Baal...
>>
>>> No, normal monsters there can drop ilvl 85,
>>> champion/fanatic/berserk/ghostly and bosses can drop ilvl 87.
>>
>> 88 for uniques/superuniques (arealevel+3).
>
>Doh! I thought that was it (Alice told me ages ago) but I thought I'd err on
>the side of caution.

The only real difference this makes is that uniques and their minions (but not
champions) in level *84* areas can drop TC87 items as well.

--

~misfit~ wrote:
> xGraveRobberx wrote:
> > Thanks a ton Jason. This is exactly what I was looking for.
>
> Yes, good of Jason to repost it yet again. ;-)
>
> > Even if
> > act 5 is inaccurate, it is more than close enough for my taste :p
>
> It's not innacurate at all. Jason just meant that the order of the areas may
> not be quite right as he doesn't have the expansion himself to check.
> However it looks good to me.

Actually, that's not what I meant at all. I simply reposted a previous
reply. It was the original author that typed that.

-Jason

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Jason" <marlaque@hotmail.com> wrote in

> xGraveRobberx wrote:
>> When u say the pit is lvl 85, are u refering to the possible max ilvls for
>> the drops there? If so, is there a place online where I might find a list
>> containing this info?
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>
> Reposted from:
>

> Newsgroups: alt.games.diablo2
> From: noneyabusiness <m...@you.com> - Find messages by this author
> Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:39:17 GMT
> Subject: Area Levels Listing - Reordered By Area
>
> I took a moment and changed the listing to reflect how Blizzard orders
> the maps. Hope I got act 5 right (I only have "Classic").

> [...]

Thanks a ton Jason. This is exactly what I was looking for. Even if act 5 is
inaccurate, it is more than close enough for my taste :p

Thnx again!

xGraveRobberx
US East NL

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Best drop to date is Trang-ouls scales from a chest in Hells Blood Moors :)

--
*****
Acc: Nordooke

USWEST ; Grunta lvl 35 Barb
; Creepa lvl 70 Necro

Acc: ekoodron

USWEST ; Gruntette lvl67 Sorc
watch this space
*****

Guy Smiley wrote:
> So where have you found your best items with the new patch? I'm
> assuming in hell, but which act/location/etc?

Mephisto

Mickey

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Jam" <jaysam168@optusnet.nospam.com.au> wrote in

> Best drop to date is Trang-ouls scales from a chest in Hells Blood
> Moors :)

Agreed. Had Scales drop from a Skellie Archer boss outside of the Hell Outer
Cloister wp not even an hour ago...now if I can just figure out what to do
with 3 pairs...

xGraveRobberx
US East NL

neithskye wrote:

> Some of the most notable things I've horked . . .

You can add a Stormshield to that list, after the critter I horked it
from dropped a socketed short war bow, in the first ever Hell Ancient
Tunnels run my Barb has ever done.

Not to mention a Nord's Tenderizer Truncheon and a Djinn Slayer Ataghan
dropped in the 10 minutes preceding that.

Happy, happy Barbarian. :)

Jill

neithskye wrote:
> neithskye wrote:
>
>> Some of the most notable things I've horked . . .
>
> You can add a Stormshield to that list, after the critter I horked it
> from dropped a socketed short war bow, in the first ever Hell Ancient
> Tunnels run my Barb has ever done.
>
> Not to mention a Nord's Tenderizer Truncheon and a Djinn Slayer
> Ataghan dropped in the 10 minutes preceding that.
>
> Happy, happy Barbarian. :)
>
> Jill

Way to go, Jill!

Um, betcha never thought you'd grow up to be a, uh . . . Horker, huh, huh,
didja? :D
--
chainbreaker

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"chainbreaker" wrote...
> neithskye wrote:
>> neithskye wrote:
>>
>>> Some of the most notable things I've horked . . .
>>
>> You can add a Stormshield to that list, after the critter I horked it
>> from dropped a socketed short war bow, in the first ever Hell Ancient
>> Tunnels run my Barb has ever done.
>>
>> Not to mention a Nord's Tenderizer Truncheon and a Djinn Slayer
>> Ataghan dropped in the 10 minutes preceding that.
>>
>> Happy, happy Barbarian. :)
>>
>> Jill
>
> Way to go, Jill!
>
> Um, betcha never thought you'd grow up to be a, uh . . . Horker, huh, huh,
> didja? :D

I hate to sound like Commander Data, here, but... what is the etymology of
that idiom?

Where did the term, "hork," come to be applied to this? Does anyone know?

mark

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2,alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"Brian Kastel" <be-ar-eye-ay-en-kay-ay-ess-tee-ee-ell@tampabay.rr.com> wrote
in message news:_YkXe.90293$xl6.78193@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...

> Where did the term, "hork," come to be applied to this? Does anyone know?

I'm no Linguist, I don't even portray one on the Internet. But my guess
would be that it has to do with the sound the Barbarian makes when he uses
the 'Find Item/Potion' skill.

I'll take 'Barbarian Skills' for 1000, Alex.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo Fury