maximum memory on netserver lh ii

javier

Hi
I just bought an LH2 dual processor board and
matching prom to upgrade my old LH pro.
Was wondering what happens if you try to install
more than 512mb in the P2 board. I've heard of the
LH ii running 1gb but I'm not sure it's accurate
since the specs say the limit is 512mb. I have 4
256mb D4926As ready to install am hoping this limit
is surmountable. I'd be powerfully appreciative
for any ideas on this.
Thanks
Javier

On the seventh day, Javier wrote...

> Hi
> I just bought an LH2 dual processor board and
> matching prom to upgrade my old LH pro.
> Was wondering what happens if you try to install
> more than 512mb in the P2 board. I've heard of the
> LH ii running 1gb but I'm not sure it's accurate
> since the specs say the limit is 512mb. I have 4
> 256mb D4926As ready to install am hoping this limit
> is surmountable. I'd be powerfully appreciative
> for any ideas on this.

Hello, javier,

I am not a chipset guru but I think you'll be out of luck when trying to
install more than 512megs. It's possible this size is a chipset limitation
(seems to be the intel 440FX which is the first PII-capable chipset IIRC
and quite buggy besides...). Even then, the Klamath cores of former PIIs
don't cache more than 512megs so even if you managed to get more RAM it
would be quite senseless. Even some newer Deschutes core cpus have
difficulaties with more RAM.

HTH

Country song: If You Don't Leave Me Alone, I'll Go And Find
Someone Else Who Will

javier

Thanks for the info.
Looks like I'm screwed
Think I'll upgrade those old pros to 1mb L2 instead.
Exciting !
Yawn
Javier