Sign in with
Your question

Oh....What to get

Last response: in Deals
November 22, 2012 12:55:26 AM

Ok guys, so I have all this knowledge on the latest tech and gear.....And my family has been bugging me on what to get for Christmas... But i have no freaking idea what to put on the list. I mean the total of everything I want tech related would be like a grand. and well the biggest ticket item can't be no more than 500 so... Graphics card? Yea i was thinking that but then I'm like well what If i see all these other small things that add up to 500$ and I could really use them.

So I figured I'm make this thread for some advice from the community just for some opinions. And it might could help others trying to decide for the holidays. So things I've considered

New Monitor: I have a AOC 23" IPS 5ms 1920x1080p
I had looked at all the 3d monitors because thats what I'd get if i went to a better monitor. But am a bit shocked as to why there isn't much to choose from anymore.

An upgrade to one of my computer parts. You can see my sig for a parts list if you feel the need. Except the motherboard. Although since SSD prices are considerable and i'm not paying for it. I might ask for a nice size SSD for my next build.

I definitely need a new headset. I have a G35 but the leather on the speaker cuffs are falling apart and the mic boom stoped folding after 6 months. SO a recommendation would be helpful.

I was also thinking a modular power supply but Its not really at the top of my list for things needed.

I will add more things as its closer to Black friday.. and Yes I am very late to posting this.

More about : question

November 22, 2012 7:25:06 AM

Newegg has an Intel 330 Series 240GB SSD for $140 right now, just ordered one myself.

Haven't seen any 3D monitors yet, probably will be some though.

Didn't look too much as for headsets, but I really am loving my Corsair Vengeance 1500 series, IMO It's better than the G35 especially when it comes to positional audio in games like BF3. Just don't expect audiophile sound quality.

Newegg overall just has a TON of great deals already. I would browse through all of them.
November 22, 2012 1:39:14 PM

trogdor796 said:
Newegg has an Intel 330 Series 240GB SSD for $140 right now, just ordered one myself.

Haven't seen any 3D monitors yet, probably will be some though.

Didn't look too much as for headsets, but I really am loving my Corsair Vengeance 1500 series, IMO It's better than the G35 especially when it comes to positional audio in games like BF3. Just don't expect audiophile sound quality.

Newegg overall just has a TON of great deals already. I would browse through all of them.

Yea i have SSD's on my list. Thanks for your Input
!