BC2 Issues

Installed the game via Steam, downloaded all the PB files automatically and I still get a PB error. Went to evenbalance.com updated PB (auto-update) and still get the same error. Anyone having this same issue?

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
I was not happy to see that Punk Buster bull crap installed on my computer during the installation. The last time I cheated at a game online was Doom or maybe Doom 2... oh well... hopefully it doesn't ruin the fun.

PB works though, unlike VAC. Problem is, it trys to silently update when you enter a server, which usually kicks you before you finish.

Just download (And keep) their update .exe (whatever they call it now...) in your /pb directory, and run it every so often to keep up to date.

same here, Win 7 Pro 64...

well it seems like it has been partially patched, I played this morning and steam updated a few BC2 files...was able to play for about 1hr w/o any issues. The thing that bothers me is that I get kicked out of alot of servers for no reason... how hard is it to lock the server??

The game is also GPU hungry :(

well at least EA is working on the issue, I called tech supp and the dude told me that they did not anticipate the number of users that have flooded the servers. Whatever that means...

I can get on a few servers but they are either empty or high ping-ed.. this afternoon i was playing w/o any issues.. man I wish I had never left the server..

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

It means they were literally overran with players.
Working for me now

well yea but you would think that they would have created some sort of measures just to be prepared. Like when BF2 came out for the first time in 2005, I had no issues at all.. the game ran fine..