Should GOG release Ultima?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games

Should GOG release the Ultima Series

Total: 2 votes

• YES! To play the original games untouched would be awesome!
  • 100 %
  • No. They're too old.
  • 0 %
  • Who cares? I hated Ultima!
  • 0 %
March 3, 2010 2:37:02 PM

Okay, Good Ol Games has been releasing some great old games (starting with Duke 3D). Recently, they've been going on a Sierra/Activision kick (Gabriel Knight 1 & 2, Phantasmagoria 1 & 2, King's Quest, Vampire Masquerade, etc).

How many would LOVE to see them release all the Ultima's so they run under XP/Vista/W7 whether it be through Dos BOX or whatever?

I know I would!

More about : gog release ultima

March 3, 2010 3:16:04 PM

Would be nice; Ultima and Wizardry are the golden oldies of RPG's, and would be nice to play them again...
March 3, 2010 3:36:42 PM

I forgot about Wizardry. Definitely need to have those as well. Not sure if the first three came out on PC. I remember playing them on my Apple //e though!

April 12, 2010 5:14:56 PM

Well, I dug out my old Ultima CD collection and I was able to get 1 through 8 to work just fine with DosBox.

I then dug out Ultima IX and lo-and-behold, after getting the official patches and then another user community release patch that fixes a myriad of other bugs, Ultima IX works just splendidly under Windows 7 64-bit! Ahh, brings back memories of the days of being the Avatar as well as fond memories of playing on my Apple ][ and //e computer.

!