Error during device I/O in hp officejet scanner on Linux

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.scanners,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

I'm stuck on this one. If anybody has ideas that can help me solve
it, I would be grateful.

$ scanimage -v -y 279.4 --mode lineart --resolution 300 \
> --batch-scan=yes --batch=aaa--%02d--line300.pnm
Scanning -1 pages, incrementing by 1, numbering from 1
Scanning page 1
scanimage: sane_start: Error during device I/O
scanimage: read 0 bytes in total
Scanned page 1. (scanner status = 9)

The debugging output is at
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=272304, which is (<a
href="http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=272304">here</a>).

Any ideas on how I can fix this or figure out what's going on?

This is completely stopping the single most important purpose of my
computer, and my scanner has been idle for weeks.

Thanks.

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.scanners,alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

On the seventh day, t turner wrote...

> Any ideas on how I can fix this or figure out what's going on?
>
> This is completely stopping the single most important purpose of my
> computer, and my scanner has been idle for weeks.

Hello,

I am a completely novice to Linux so my input might not be of any value for
you: As Sane is a work in progress and especially USB isn't very complete
yet, you could try and get the most recent Sane version. It is still
possible that what you want isn't possible at all, at least right now.

HTH

Country song: If You Don't Leave Me Alone, I'll Go And Find
Someone Else Who Will

mina

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2003

Actually, it used to work perfectly. I upgraded something (I don't
know what exactly, since I noticed the problem later, but probably
some sane and hpoj software) and the ADF stopped working.

So it is possible for it to work.

Any other ideas?

On the seventh day, mina wrote...

> Actually, it used to work perfectly. I upgraded something (I don't
> know what exactly, since I noticed the problem later, but probably
> some sane and hpoj software) and the ADF stopped working.
>
> So it is possible for it to work.
>
> Any other ideas?

Sorry, I can't help you. But go and check dedicated Sane or Linux groups,
they might help you.