Echo on LG4400

Whenever I talk to my daughter, I hear a very noticable echo. I have an
LG4400 and she has an LG4400B. Any way to eliminate the echos?

Some time around Mon, 26 Jul 2004 07:39:36 -0400 (give or take a month), someone who says they are
named "Kent McPherson" <bigk@kentmcpherson.com> fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled on
about:

>Whenever I talk to my daughter, I hear a very noticable echo. I have an
>LG4400 and she has an LG4400B. Any way to eliminate the echos?

I suggested people try this which worked for me, I don't know if it worked for anyone else.
Menu - 8 Settings - 5 Features - 6 voice privacy and select 'Standard'.

If it is already on standard, I don't know what to tell you, I never heard any comments back one way
or the other, but it seemed to help me.

-W

Echo is never a phone problem it is a tower problem where the tower gets
overcrowded.

My friend went through 3 of them. His is so bad I can't stand speaking to
him on his mobile and have to constantly ask him to not use it when he calls
me. Others I know have the 6000 with no such issues.
Larry
"Kent McPherson" <bigk@kentmcpherson.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I talk to my daughter, I hear a very noticable echo. I have an
> LG4400 and she has an LG4400B. Any way to eliminate the echos?

You couldn't be more wrong in this case. The mike and speaker on the LG do
echo, if you turn the volume down it gets better. It is the phone not the
system.

--
------------------------------------
Compass Technologies Inc.

"Gordy" <kg0wx@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Echo is never a phone problem it is a tower problem where the tower gets
> overcrowded.

Where do you live?

It is possible that your problem is a software glitch in the 4400 when it is
communicating with Nortel base station equipment. Firmware revision 11 for
the 4400 is supposed to take care of this (specifically issues with echo).
You can get the firmware upgraded at any Verizon store that has a service
department.

-Eric

"Kent McPherson" <bigk@kentmcpherson.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I talk to my daughter, I hear a very noticable echo. I have an
> LG4400 and she has an LG4400B. Any way to eliminate the echos?

> Echo is never a phone problem it is a tower problem where the tower gets
> overcrowded.

When it happens to me, I hang up and redial. Only once did I have to redial
twice, so I concur, it is probably outside the phone.
reply address bot resistant and human safe

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

In article <5UhNc.128$1o.0@fed1read06>, cellphonerick@cox.net says...
> You couldn't be more wrong in this case. The mike and speaker on the LG do
> echo, if you turn the volume down it gets better. It is the phone not the
> system.

Not my experience. I've had it on my 4400 but I also had it on my old
Startac 7868, and it was a cell tower issue.

Louise

Have they worked out the bugs in the revision 11 update?

"Eric Rosenberry" <erics@R3MOVErosenberry.org> wrote in message
> Where do you live?
>
> It is possible that your problem is a software glitch in the 4400 when it
is
> communicating with Nortel base station equipment. Firmware revision 11
for
> the 4400 is supposed to take care of this (specifically issues with echo).
> You can get the firmware upgraded at any Verizon store that has a service
> department.
>
> -Eric

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Cellphonerick" <cellphonerick@cox.net> wrote in message
> You couldn't be more wrong in this case. The mike and speaker on the LG
do
> echo, if you turn the volume down it gets better. It is the phone not the
> system.

Echo is a system issue.

> --
> ------------------------------------
> Compass Technologies Inc.
> Richard Labowitz
> Western Region Systems Sales Manager
> rlabowitz@cox.net
> 24772 Clarington Drive
> Laguna Hills, Ca
> 92653-4305
> tel: 949-350-4999
> fax: 949-586-5597
> mobile: 949-422-4999
> ------------------------------------
>
> "Gordy" <kg0wx@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Echo is never a phone problem it is a tower problem where the tower gets
> > overcrowded.

I bet it "took care" of the problem by lowering the volume!

"RichC" <rcacace{REMOVE_TO_REPLY}@swfla.rr.com> wrote in message
> Have they worked out the bugs in the revision 11 update?
>
> "Eric Rosenberry" <erics@R3MOVErosenberry.org> wrote in message
> > Where do you live?
> >
> > It is possible that your problem is a software glitch in the 4400 when
it
> is
> > communicating with Nortel base station equipment. Firmware revision 11
> for
> > the 4400 is supposed to take care of this (specifically issues with
echo).
> > You can get the firmware upgraded at any Verizon store that has a
service
> > department.
> >
> > -Eric

Some time around Tue, 27 Jul 2004 06:46:00 -0400 (give or take a month), someone who says they are
named "RichC" <rcacace{REMOVE_TO_REPLY}@swfla.rr.com> fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled
on about:

>Have they worked out the bugs in the revision 11 update?

When they call in "Revision 12" it will have fixed any problems in revision 11

-W

An interesting possibility... I just got a LG 4400 (off eBay) that was a
replacement for another 4400 (with a cracked outer LCD) that was running
firmware rev 10. The new one is running 11. I can not turn it up anywhere
near as loud as I could with the one running rev 10. Makes me wonder if I
do indeed want to go back to 10...

I have also heard others mention in other threads that some 4400's have loud
speakers and some have quieter ones (even before firmware 11 came out).
Might just be a manufacturing thing...

-Eric

"Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> I bet it "took care" of the problem by lowering the volume!
>

> "RichC" <rcacace{REMOVE_TO_REPLY}@swfla.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Have they worked out the bugs in the revision 11 update?
> >
> > "Eric Rosenberry" <erics@R3MOVErosenberry.org> wrote in message
> > > Where do you live?
> > >
> > > It is possible that your problem is a software glitch in the 4400 when
> it
> > is
> > > communicating with Nortel base station equipment. Firmware revision
11
> > for
> > > the 4400 is supposed to take care of this (specifically issues with
> echo).
> > > You can get the firmware upgraded at any Verizon store that has a
> service
> > > department.
> > >
> > > -Eric

Visiting in New York I did get the echo problem and my phone was in standard voice mode, so I
disproved my theory.

-W