problems with wireless

darren

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
A few questions.

1. If i switch off my Belkin ADSL modem router with 802.11g, the power will
not come back on unless it has been switched off for about 3 minutes. Is
this normal?

2. 4 people are using this router with a signal of 50-70%, their MSN
messenger keeps randomly disconnecting. Is this a firewall issue or signal?

3. We cannot get automatic IP addresses to work via wireless, it first
detects 0.0.0.0 and then gives a completely random number that doesn't
belong to the network. Setting the addresses manually works fine, what can I
do? (Windows XP, USB Wireless devices)

thanks
--
Darren
Can't get her off, that's kinda rough

Je Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:33:08 +0100, "Darren" <i@love.busted.com>
skribis:

Darren, one suggestion: Almost EVERY posting in this group is about
wireless, except maybe spam.

I'm not a wireless guy, really, just started reading this group. But
I have been on and off of Usenet for about 10 years. In a lot of
groups, the regulars and the experts who might be interested in your
comments don't have time to read everything. So they use the Subject
lines to decide what to skip.

Why don't you say something specific, like:

"Fixed problem with DLink DI-524 54g and 1.05 firmware"

Regards,

--
Steve M - unspam@hal-pcwax.org.invalid (remove wax and invalid to reply)

Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go
through life thinking they had no faults at all.