What do You think of BC2?

What do You think of BC2?

• BC2 works great! Multiplayer is perfect!

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Most of the time i can find a server

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Sometime I get a working server

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I can never get a working server

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Single Player is enough for me

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Hate the game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Ok, i wanna know what everyone here think of BC2 as of now. I cant stand to even attempt to look for a server anymore. I hate EA for this and I feel like an idiot because i was actually excited for this game because i thought it would work.

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

because of shooting and killing people. thats not good morals for kids to learn i guess :)

BroHamBone

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009

Well, I will begin with THE GAME IS SUPER SICK!!!

The only thing that is bothering me so far is that like every other release, EA was not ready for this. On the main screen i am still level one, even though i wait 5 minutes for it to "update" or whatever EA wants to call it. As far as the refreshing servers... that realy needs to be fixed! Im in the USA, i do not care what servers are located in NORWAY, or the UK, or anywhere else the ping is higher than 200!

that is all for now.

tarquinbiscuitbarrel

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa there.

anything is better than the MW2 server browser, or lack thereof.

if i remember correctly there were a lot of problems with the server browser in previous battlefield games on the PC. but you could still add IP to favourites and join via IP. this is the old school option and it's the best possible way to start up.

find a good server / ask friend for a good server, note the IP, add to favourites and invite more friends.

feroxus

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008

Due to parents not parenting if they did a good job explaining its a game not real not what your supposed to do etc and mute all the retards so they don't talk in game. You can ignore the ratings system and make a decision based on if you think your kids can handle the game without issues. I also think throwing an M rating on something makes it like a R movie where with the under 17 age group they think its cool based on that alone almost.

I was well below 17 watched rated movies and played "violent games" back in the day my folks always just explained it for what it was.

I turned out fine.

Also until the day comes that the movie "Gamer" becomes reality its pixels shooting pixels and taken at that really isn't that bad.

cjsdaddy

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Due to parents not parenting if they did a good job explaining its a game not real not what your supposed to do etc and mute all the retards so they don't talk in game

Amen feroxus amen

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
connecting = 50% problems.
Lack at changing graphics quality. playing on low or high doesn't give huge fps gains (not in fact). strange!
the filtering in serverlist doesn't remember my settings. loading takes long.

The maps: conquest maps, wtf, SO LITTLE!! BF2 has 10 flags instead of the pathetic 3 flags in BC2...

graphics look great. but i loved an option to change the DX-version. i don't need the dx10 ;p i would love more fps :p

single player: first mission was fun.

and the 'spot'-key i don't like. i miss that BF2/2142 stylish quick voice chats. i need ammo, medic, enemy spotted. is miss that!

FATAL STR1K3

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
Though I do miss the whole 'need ammo' thing... I think that its much better for spotting while in combat, so most people will actually use it.. in my opinion.

dweebmaster

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

yeah but my thing is the first one was t

dweebmaster

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

thank you at least you under stand my point

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

Yea, but when we play games we got legit voice chat over xfire, much better than little requests.

also, My sis and my cuz are obsessed with 5FDP. Decent band, Dethklok wins by a mile :)

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Ill check them out, anyways back to the topic here... I like the game alot now obviously, just when it was released it was pathetic and unplayable for almost 2 days. That shouldnt happen. Im sure now that everything is figured out there will be more votes towards having the servers work all or most of the time.

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I really like it. I never got a chance to play the first because it never got ported to the PC. I don't like not being able to go prone and having to continuously hold the crouch button to say in that position. Also I like to be able to lean around corners. The echoing gun fire sounds are dead on and there is a nice selection of firearms. The destructible environment keeps everything moving because you just can't sit behind cover forever before an RPG takes you and the wall you hiding behind out.

Kochevnik

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
At the moment, there's lots of us that can't even get the game to play multiplayer not even because of server issues (that's a whole other kettle of fish) but because it crashes randomly on a wide variety of ATI and nVidia rigs, and people have tried about everything possible to make it work with no luck. Gotta be a game problem because the diversity of rigs having the same problem at this point sort of eliminates it being an Intel/AMD/ATI/nVidia driver/software issue.

You need to realize that the game just came out, their will be bugs/glitches that need to be fixed. Here is a review of a dude that is having the same issue as most :

http://mmomfg.com/2010/03/07/bad-company-2-review-0307/

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

NO, with a month long beta, they knew exactly what needed to be done for it to work. So it did not just come out.
I am tired of not even being able to sign in

i guess you didn't read the whole review...hehe

look, this game is not easy to code, this is not MW2 where you have tiny maps. The AI in this game is complicated, you have vehicles, aircraft, boats, jet-ski's, etc.. When BF2 came out there were a few glitches also, not as severe as this but it was not flawless by any means ;)

I know you are upset right now, you are not the only one. I cannot connect to a server unless i click on "play now", and who knows where that sends me..

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
I dont care about that persons oppinion of the game.
I am stating that with a month long beta, its unacceptable to have this many problems.

watch this video in 720p and you will see exactly what happens when I have all settings maxed out including x16AA. Glitches galore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ual3BfiyXdc&feature=player_embedded#