Sign in with
Your question

What do You think of BC2?

Last response: in Video Games

What do You think of BC2?

Total: 54 votes (20 blank votes)

• BC2 works great! Multiplayer is perfect!
  • 42 %
  • Most of the time i can find a server
  • 24 %
  • Sometime I get a working server
  • 24 %
  • I can never get a working server
  • 3 %
  • Single Player is enough for me
  • 9 %
  • Hate the game
  • 0 %
March 3, 2010 7:34:49 PM

Ok, i wanna know what everyone here think of BC2 as of now. I cant stand to even attempt to look for a server anymore. I hate EA for this and I feel like an idiot because i was actually excited for this game because i thought it would work.

More about : bc2

March 4, 2010 1:45:25 PM

well if it was rated t i'd play it i just dont understand why every thing has to be m
Related resources
March 4, 2010 7:25:23 PM

dweebmaster said:
well if it was rated t i'd play it i just dont understand why every thing has to be m

because of shooting and killing people. thats not good morals for kids to learn i guess :) 
March 5, 2010 8:21:27 AM

JDV28 said:
Ok, i wanna know what everyone here think of BC2 as of now. I cant stand to even attempt to look for a server anymore. I hate EA for this and I feel like an idiot because i was actually excited for this game because i thought it would work.

Well, I will begin with THE GAME IS SUPER SICK!!!

The only thing that is bothering me so far is that like every other release, EA was not ready for this. On the main screen i am still level one, even though i wait 5 minutes for it to "update" or whatever EA wants to call it. As far as the refreshing servers... that realy needs to be fixed! Im in the USA, i do not care what servers are located in NORWAY, or the UK, or anywhere else the ping is higher than 200!

that is all for now.
March 5, 2010 11:14:01 AM

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa there.

anything is better than the MW2 server browser, or lack thereof.

if i remember correctly there were a lot of problems with the server browser in previous battlefield games on the PC. but you could still add IP to favourites and join via IP. this is the old school option and it's the best possible way to start up.

find a good server / ask friend for a good server, note the IP, add to favourites and invite more friends.
March 5, 2010 2:51:43 PM

dweebmaster said:

Due to parents not parenting if they did a good job explaining its a game not real not what your supposed to do etc and mute all the retards so they don't talk in game. You can ignore the ratings system and make a decision based on if you think your kids can handle the game without issues. I also think throwing an M rating on something makes it like a R movie where with the under 17 age group they think its cool based on that alone almost.

I was well below 17 watched rated movies and played "violent games" back in the day my folks always just explained it for what it was.

I turned out fine.

Also until the day comes that the movie "Gamer" becomes reality its pixels shooting pixels and taken at that really isn't that bad.
March 5, 2010 4:00:19 PM

Quote:
Due to parents not parenting if they did a good job explaining its a game not real not what your supposed to do etc and mute all the retards so they don't talk in game

Amen feroxus amen
March 5, 2010 5:01:23 PM

connecting = 50% problems.
Lack at changing graphics quality. playing on low or high doesn't give huge fps gains (not in fact). strange!
the filtering in serverlist doesn't remember my settings. loading takes long.

The maps: conquest maps, wtf, SO LITTLE!! BF2 has 10 flags instead of the pathetic 3 flags in BC2...

graphics look great. but i loved an option to change the DX-version. i don't need the dx10 ;p i would love more fps :p 

single player: first mission was fun.

and the 'spot'-key i don't like. i miss that BF2/2142 stylish quick voice chats. i need ammo, medic, enemy spotted. is miss that!
March 5, 2010 5:05:33 PM

Though I do miss the whole 'need ammo' thing... I think that its much better for spotting while in combat, so most people will actually use it.. in my opinion.
March 5, 2010 6:36:57 PM

JDV28 said:
because of shooting and killing people. thats not good morals for kids to learn i guess :) 

yeah but my thing is the first one was t
March 5, 2010 6:38:13 PM

feroxus said:
Due to parents not parenting if they did a good job explaining its a game not real not what your supposed to do etc and mute all the retards so they don't talk in game. You can ignore the ratings system and make a decision based on if you think your kids can handle the game without issues. I also think throwing an M rating on something makes it like a R movie where with the under 17 age group they think its cool based on that alone almost.

I was well below 17 watched rated movies and played "violent games" back in the day my folks always just explained it for what it was.

I turned out fine.

Also until the day comes that the movie "Gamer" becomes reality its pixels shooting pixels and taken at that really isn't that bad.

thank you at least you under stand my point
March 5, 2010 6:38:48 PM

dweebmaster, i just saw your tag. i saw FFDP like two years ago and they were sick live. Not really into their new stuff but yeah.. rock on!
March 5, 2010 6:52:14 PM

FATAL STR1K3 said:
Though I do miss the whole 'need ammo' thing... I think that its much better for spotting while in combat, so most people will actually use it.. in my opinion.

Yea, but when we play games we got legit voice chat over xfire, much better than little requests.

also, My sis and my cuz are obsessed with 5FDP. Decent band, Dethklok wins by a mile :) 
March 5, 2010 6:58:13 PM

Ha yeah I liked them when they first came around a few years back... there's better tho. Much better. Children of Bodom for instance ^^
March 5, 2010 7:02:03 PM

Ill check them out, anyways back to the topic here... I like the game alot now obviously, just when it was released it was pathetic and unplayable for almost 2 days. That shouldnt happen. Im sure now that everything is figured out there will be more votes towards having the servers work all or most of the time.
March 6, 2010 11:59:40 PM

I hate BC2. I am selling my copy to my friend.
March 7, 2010 12:32:01 AM

^-1 HAH
March 7, 2010 5:44:13 AM

I really like it. I never got a chance to play the first because it never got ported to the PC. I don't like not being able to go prone and having to continuously hold the crouch button to say in that position. Also I like to be able to lean around corners. The echoing gun fire sounds are dead on and there is a nice selection of firearms. The destructible environment keeps everything moving because you just can't sit behind cover forever before an RPG takes you and the wall you hiding behind out.
March 7, 2010 5:07:17 PM

At the moment, there's lots of us that can't even get the game to play multiplayer not even because of server issues (that's a whole other kettle of fish) but because it crashes randomly on a wide variety of ATI and nVidia rigs, and people have tried about everything possible to make it work with no luck. Gotta be a game problem because the diversity of rigs having the same problem at this point sort of eliminates it being an Intel/AMD/ATI/nVidia driver/software issue.
March 7, 2010 6:39:27 PM

OvrClkr said:
You need to realize that the game just came out, their will be bugs/glitches that need to be fixed. Here is a review of a dude that is having the same issue as most :

http://mmomfg.com/2010/03/07/bad-company-2-review-0307/

NO, with a month long beta, they knew exactly what needed to be done for it to work. So it did not just come out.
I am tired of not even being able to sign in
March 7, 2010 6:44:39 PM

i guess you didn't read the whole review...hehe

look, this game is not easy to code, this is not MW2 where you have tiny maps. The AI in this game is complicated, you have vehicles, aircraft, boats, jet-ski's, etc.. When BF2 came out there were a few glitches also, not as severe as this but it was not flawless by any means ;) 

I know you are upset right now, you are not the only one. I cannot connect to a server unless i click on "play now", and who knows where that sends me..
March 7, 2010 6:46:08 PM

I dont care about that persons oppinion of the game.
I am stating that with a month long beta, its unacceptable to have this many problems.
March 7, 2010 7:19:51 PM

I was having a lot of CTD with the release a few nights ago. I backed off on my CPU overclock and I was able to run last night without one CTD. There is a tweak to limit the CPU rendering so I am going to try that and see if I can OC again but for all of those who are interested, here is a cool tweak guide for BC2

http://www.fragcast.org/?p=433

March 7, 2010 9:25:55 PM

OvrClkr said:
watch this video in 720p and you will see exactly what happens when I have all settings maxed out including x16AA. Glitches galore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ual3BfiyXdc&feature=play...

1) whats so glitchy? it just looks like gameplay dude. Well, actually it looks like your setup cant handle the game completely maxed out.

2) I always have everything maxed out including AA and no problems here.
I really think you are making up problems... Obviously the game isnt perfect, but dont make it seem worse than it is. The only problem i have with this game is EA
March 7, 2010 9:38:27 PM

Great game, better than MW2, we even have our own clan server, how much better can that be? I'm so happy they put dedicated servers... now all they need to do is fix their lag issues and i'll be happy. But yeah, definetly worth the $50 for the limited edition unlike MW2 hardened edition that started at $80. :) 
March 7, 2010 9:41:25 PM

Ew, what was good about the hardened edition?
I remember paying $70 for Lost Planet special edition lol
March 8, 2010 12:59:46 AM

well you obviously didnt see the lagg that would kick in when there is alot of action going on, everyone is having this issue, its all over the net.
March 8, 2010 1:04:10 AM

not really? I got more lag in MW2, than I am in this game :) 
Hardened edition wasn't anything special, it was just a hard case that looked cooler :)  the special edition was like $150 and came with the hardened case and night vision goggles.... LOL I mean really do you need all that? I just got mine for $50 because I preordered it.
March 8, 2010 1:49:01 AM

Nice, yea the lost planet came in a metal case and i think that was it lol
@ovrclkr, na i dont notice much, but a bit of lag in a huge explosion is OK, i mean, i was just playing, and i realized that there were non-stop explosions and debris everywhere
March 8, 2010 10:26:11 AM

the scale of the maps is responsible for the lag.

for example if you man the MG on a car while someone is driving - you will find it almost impossible to aim due to sync issues causing your screen to skip.

another bad point is that HDR lighting is forced on which really hurts my eyes at times - and causes a lot of framerate problem for some people (not myself thankfully).

also - the repair tool causes a 'welding' flame which is almost blinding on the brighter LCD monitors. i don't want to go blind, do DICE expect engineers to wear a welding mask IRL while playing?
March 8, 2010 1:35:22 PM

yea, the game needs a patch like yesterday...

We had a mini-lan party at a friends house this weekend and I got the chance to play on a rig that had a single 5850, to my surprise I noticed the same exact lag that I get with my GTX 260 so it's not a hardware issue. I was getting anything from 37FPS min to 120FPS max @ 1680x 1050 (v-sync off) no xAA. The FPS drop in BC2 is ridiculous, I can understand a 30-40 FPS drop but 80-90 FPS is just wrong..

I would also like to point out that the game has a glitch when it is time to enable xAA, there is no "apply" button to click on once you change this value, so you actually don't know if the game applied the xAA or not. The only way I can be 100% sure that the game is running at full xAA is by going into the Nvidia Control Panel and adjusting it manually.
March 8, 2010 3:44:04 PM

Eh, no worse then BF2 1.0. Expect a patch in a week or so.
March 8, 2010 3:47:03 PM

I think you are seeing hardware or VGA driver issues, not game issues. I get small dips in FPS when tanks explode and buildings collapse but nothing to the magnitude that you are talking about and for sure not at random like when I am just running around. I would get into the system.ini file and start playing around with the settings like DX version, sound quality...ect...ect... and see if you can minimize your drops. Look at that tweak guide that I posted above for other ideas.

I don't think you can call the absence of an apply button a glitch. The settings take hold when you change them in the game. If you are worried about it, again, get into your system.ini file in mydocuments\BC2 folder and change the settings there.

Everyone is complaining about this game's performance at the moment but it will get better. Once NV and ATI release drivers for it and Dice figures out the connection issues, this game will be running like sweet sauce.

Ovclkr: I had an afterthought. Are you turning AA on in the game and through NV controls? I have an ATI card but I know that using the AA through ATI's ccc seriously drops the performance and doesn't seem to visually work. I would make sure you aren't setting AF or AA in your NV controls and then turning them on in your game settings as well.
March 8, 2010 3:56:09 PM

No hardare or VGA issues, we had 5 different rigs playing on 5 different servers and all 5 rigs were experiencing the same issue. We changed the AUDIO/DX/ini files/ you name it, and still no fix. Of course lowering the audio quility did help a bit but nothing earth-shattering.

You can go on overclock.net and see that most are having the same exact issue at 1680x 1050 or higher resolutions.

We even had a rig with an OC'ed 920 @ 4.3Ghz / 5870 / 8Gb DDR3 @ 2000Mhz and still had major FPS drops no matter what we changed.

I recorded a video, will post tonight so you can get an idea of the issue ;) 
March 8, 2010 4:49:03 PM

The server browser is a bit sketchy and the launch was VERY rough, but it's very playable now.

I just played all weekend, had a 10 hour streak of non-stop delight on Sunday. Can't wait to order my 5870 later this week to replace my 4850.
March 8, 2010 6:02:42 PM

Hmm...I am running my quad core at 2.66Ghz and my 5870 at stock speeds and have no dips at all. I am at 1440x900 though. Have you tested out a lower resolution? Prob not a permanent solution but just to see if the lags go away?
March 8, 2010 6:09:52 PM

at lower resolutions it rarely dips, at 16x 10 or higher is when I see the FPS drop drastically...

We tried the game at 1024x 768 and it ran perfect.. not sure what the issue is..
March 8, 2010 6:13:26 PM

my 4850 on stock 920 is getting a very consistent 45-70fps @ 1920x1080 no AA though and medium on all settings.
March 8, 2010 6:21:59 PM

yea we were running all settings on High / xAA at 1x / xAF at 1x

we really didnt see anything different when going from MED to HIGH. Also for some reason I get the same exact FPS regargless if the xAA is at x1 or x16 .. this is why I am skeptical about the system not "applying" the xAA :( 
March 8, 2010 6:38:53 PM

Do you monitor your CPU and GPU use while you are playing? Temps as well? I am wondering if you see any drop in GPU load when the lag hits or have a weird overheating problem. How does your CPU core usage look? Using all of them?

I am not sure if this was fixed but there was an issue with CPUs rendering too far ahead of the GPU and then I think lags were happening. There is a command line to cap this but I would have to dig deep to find that one.

Also, have you tried running with vsync? I know it sucks but just to see if it prevents the dips?

You should see AA working if you get very close to a tree branch and look through it. The foliage will have a meshed-look to it when AA is enabled.
March 8, 2010 6:52:30 PM

Yes, I use Precision and have all my readings on the top left hand corner of the screen. We tested with and w/o v-sync just to see the difference in visuals.

The GPU/CPU load is normally leveled, i do not see any drops unless I click out of the game..

I normally play with v-sync enabled cause the tearing really annoys me, but for benching purposes it is normally off.

After work I will look at xAA issue and see if I can point that out, thx for the suggestions =)
March 8, 2010 8:22:11 PM

SpinachEater said:
Huh, sounds like you have it covered.

Here is the first major benchmarking that I have seen for anyone interested.

http://www.techspot.com/article/255-battlefield-bad-com...

+1

thx for the link, been looking everywhere for a benchmark ;) 

seems like the 5830 is right there with the GTX 275 :o 

March 9, 2010 2:25:47 PM

I am liking their CPU tests. It looks like if you are at 3Ghz and have at least a dual core, the rest is up to your GPU.

Seeing the very minute FPS drop from medium to high, it looks like they could do a little more optimizing though. It sounds like what you are talking about OvrClkr by changing the settings and not seeing much of a diff.
March 9, 2010 5:38:37 PM

I just started playing this past Sunday, so it looks like I missed most of the frustrations from Day 1. The game is working great for me. I have mostly everything set to high (shadows are low) and I'm getting a fairly constant 60-70fps. The only issue I'm having is that every 2-3 mins I get a 1-2 second lag spike and everything freezes. It's like if I walk 5 ft and the lag spike hits me, I move back to my starting position. This really sucks when I was the Blackhawk pilot and I got a lag spike and flew into a tree. I think it might be my connection though because it was doing that on TF2 the other day for me. Other than that, the game runs perfectly for me.
March 9, 2010 6:39:40 PM

Quote:

Seeing the very minute FPS drop from medium to high, it looks like they could do a little more optimizing though. It sounds like what you are talking about OvrClkr by changing the settings and not seeing much of a diff.
[/quotemsg]

I assume this will be fixed with a future patch, the game is glitchy but playable ;) 
!