intel d865perl - three long beeps at post

grover

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2004
i got a new intel d865perl motherboard, and i've been struggling to install WinXP, i exchanged what turned out to be bad memory, now i can't even get the motherboard screen, just three long beeps. google search gives me a whole list of "keyboard error" or "keyboard card error". but i don't think so. help?

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
What does I don't think so mean? Have you swapped in a different keyboard just to make sure?

<pre> \|/
jlanka (. .)
___________oOOo_(_(_)_)_oOOo___________
</pre><p>

grover

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2004
it's a new keyboard that works flawlessly on other windows pc's. it was working fine when i was working in the bios to figure out my previous memory problem

grover

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2004
yes, reseated RAM, vid card, power connections on board and to wall, cmos battery, nothing changed this situation yet. what i'm wondering is, do i have a dead motherboard? although it came factory sealed, it is from newegg, not intel directly, so i hope not

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
3 beeps indicate a memory problem. What CPU and RAM are you using?

The board is capable of both single and dual channel operation, you could try each of the modules separately just to figure out if one is bad.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>