WRT54G -- WRT54G Bridge / Client Mode

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
September 30, 2004 8:11:12 PM

I have done a lot of research on WRT54G's using Sveasoft and other
"enhanced" firmwares.
I can not, for the life of me find a good how-to setup a bridge between two
physically separated LANs.

Can someone post one, or a link? I think many people would find this very
useful!

All the best,
Steve
Canadian Geek
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 30, 2004 11:26:51 PM

Did you check with Linksys?? I am told that it can be done.

"Steve" <steve@steve.steve> wrote:

>I have done a lot of research on WRT54G's using Sveasoft and other
>"enhanced" firmwares.
>I can not, for the life of me find a good how-to setup a bridge between two
>physically separated LANs.
>
>Can someone post one, or a link? I think many people would find this very
>useful!
>

>All the best,
> Steve
> Canadian Geek

October 1, 2004 3:49:30 AM

It can not. Bridging is part of their bridge product line.
The hardware can do it, but it requires third-party Firmware like Sveasoft
(I have it loaded).

Thanks!

"Howard Huntley" <hhuntleyjr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Did you check with Linksys?? I am told that it can be done.
>
> "Steve" <steve@steve.steve> wrote:
>
>>I have done a lot of research on WRT54G's using Sveasoft and other
>>"enhanced" firmwares.
>>I can not, for the life of me find a good how-to setup a bridge between
>>two
>>physically separated LANs.
>>
>>Can someone post one, or a link? I think many people would find this very
>>useful!
>>

>>All the best,
>> Steve
>> Canadian Geek

a b F Wireless
October 1, 2004 8:34:58 AM

maybe these threads to start

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,10682572~mode=fl...

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=36&th...

hth

philip ashley

"Steve" <steve@steve.steve> wrote in message
> I have done a lot of research on WRT54G's using Sveasoft and other
> "enhanced" firmwares.
> I can not, for the life of me find a good how-to setup a bridge between
two
> physically separated LANs.
>
> Can someone post one, or a link? I think many people would find this very
> useful!
>

> All the best,
> Steve
> Canadian Geek

October 1, 2004 6:45:36 PM

These look great!

Thanks

Once I get it working, I may make up a detailed how-to

Cheers,

!