WRT54G -- WRT54G Bridge / Client Mode

I have done a lot of research on WRT54G's using Sveasoft and other
"enhanced" firmwares.
I can not, for the life of me find a good how-to setup a bridge between two
physically separated LANs.

Can someone post one, or a link? I think many people would find this very
useful!

All the best,
Steve
Canadian Geek
4 answers Last reply
More about wrt54g wrt54g bridge client mode

    Did you check with Linksys?? I am told that it can be done.

    "Steve" <steve@steve.steve> wrote:

    >I have done a lot of research on WRT54G's using Sveasoft and other
    >"enhanced" firmwares.
    >I can not, for the life of me find a good how-to setup a bridge between two
    >physically separated LANs.
    >
    >Can someone post one, or a link? I think many people would find this very
    >useful!
    >

    >All the best,
    > Steve
    > Canadian Geek

    It can not. Bridging is part of their bridge product line.
    The hardware can do it, but it requires third-party Firmware like Sveasoft
    (I have it loaded).

    Thanks!

    "Howard Huntley" <hhuntleyjr@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Did you check with Linksys?? I am told that it can be done.
    >
    > "Steve" <steve@steve.steve> wrote:
    >
    >>I have done a lot of research on WRT54G's using Sveasoft and other
    >>"enhanced" firmwares.
    >>I can not, for the life of me find a good how-to setup a bridge between
    >>two
    >>physically separated LANs.
    >>
    >>Can someone post one, or a link? I think many people would find this very
    >>useful!
    >>

    >>All the best,
    >> Steve
    >> Canadian Geek

    maybe these threads to start

    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,10682572~mode=flat

    http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=36&threadid=1380668&enterthread=y

    hth

    philip ashley

    "Steve" <steve@steve.steve> wrote in message
    > I have done a lot of research on WRT54G's using Sveasoft and other
    > "enhanced" firmwares.
    > I can not, for the life of me find a good how-to setup a bridge between
    two
    > physically separated LANs.
    >
    > Can someone post one, or a link? I think many people would find this very
    > useful!
    >

    > All the best,
    > Steve
    > Canadian Geek

    These look great!

    Thanks

    Once I get it working, I may make up a detailed how-to

    Cheers,

    "philip ashley" <p.ashley47RE@MOVEntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > maybe these threads to start
    >
    > http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,10682572~mode=flat
    >
    > http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=36&threadid=1380668&enterthread=y
    >
    > hth
    >
    > philip ashley
    >
    > "Steve" <steve@steve.steve> wrote in message
    >> I have done a lot of research on WRT54G's using Sveasoft and other
    >> "enhanced" firmwares.
    >> I can not, for the life of me find a good how-to setup a bridge between
    > two
    >> physically separated LANs.
    >>
    >> Can someone post one, or a link? I think many people would find this
    >> very
    >> useful!
    >>

    >> All the best,
    >> Steve