Sign in with
Your question

GoG - Good Old Games

Last response: in Video Games
March 4, 2010 9:47:25 AM

As the title says, do any of you use the website goodoldgames?

I was recently informed about it from a mate and had a look about and it's quite a nice site, even got myself 3 games for free. The community seems quite mature as well which is quite nice, was just wondering if there are any others who buy from it / have opinions of it?

More about : gog good games

March 4, 2010 10:57:53 AM

I broguht a few old games (Red Baron pack, Duke Nukem), but still prefer services like Steam. Worth a look for anyone interested in older games though.
March 5, 2010 12:48:16 PM

GOG is great because ALL the games are DRM free and you can download them as many times as you need/want. SO many classics are there right now with more on the horizon.

I don't see it as a replacement for Steam. In fact, it's more of a companion to it. Heck, most games are $5.99. The most expensive was $9.99 that I've seen so far.

I think what GoG is doing is a great service for those "good 'ol games" we used to play but can no longer get. I just hope they can somehow work with EA to get the Ultima Series released so they can work under Windows 7. I would definitely plunk down the hard-earned cash for those games!
Related resources
August 4, 2010 9:12:37 PM

GOG is INCREDIBLE. Like the man said, DRM free so you can just sign in from any computer and Download for as long as the website exists. They have a great library of games.
August 5, 2010 3:25:43 AM

I would marry GoG if I could. That's how good it is.
August 5, 2010 8:44:44 AM

+1 from me, GOG is a treasure chest for us PC old-timers.
August 5, 2010 1:26:14 PM

Hey... I'm only 24. :) 
August 5, 2010 2:33:50 PM

fisch said:
Hey... I'm only 24. :) 

What's the first PC game you ever played?
!