Thanks Mickey (polluted NG part 2)

Before your explanations about the poor guy who is spamming this NG, i
was very frustrated to observe such a pollution of a friendly place
where we share experiences about a game we love.

But now, my anger has disapear. Knowing that he is behind most of those
nicknames (and that he his in a way, most of the time, talking to
himself, trying to provoque )makes me laugh in a sad form of grimace. I
was angry, i am now mostly sad and despised.

The good thing is that instead of seeing his puerils efforts to screw
this NG as a personal aggression, i will henceforward see them as an
aggravation of his sad condition.

This guy is not part of my life anymore....i dont even need some
killfile stuff!

Next chapter.

So thanks for that...

Louis

Hmmm! wrote:
> Before your explanations about the poor guy who is spamming this NG, i
> was very frustrated to observe such a pollution of a friendly place
> where we share experiences about a game we love.
>
> But now, my anger has disapear. Knowing that he is behind most of those
> nicknames (and that he his in a way, most of the time, talking to
> himself, trying to provoque )makes me laugh in a sad form of grimace. I
> was angry, i am now mostly sad and despised.
>
> The good thing is that instead of seeing his puerils efforts to screw
> this NG as a personal aggression, i will henceforward see them as an
> aggravation of his sad condition.
>
> This guy is not part of my life anymore....i dont even need some
> killfile stuff!
>
> Next chapter.
>
> So thanks for that...

In a way, it is good for everyone. People need to be aware of how
rancid some people's hatred is. It is easy to forget how idiotic some
people are when you aren't exposed to it on a regular basis.

Mickey

> In a way, it is good for everyone. People need to be aware of how
> rancid some people's hatred is. It is easy to forget how idiotic some
> people are when you aren't exposed to it on a regular basis.
>
> Mickey

I can imagine. (or may i?)
But what really filled me with joy, me is the constatation that the
hate that this person has toward you (and most likely for all jewishs,
or all races else then his..or maybe even his own...most likely
himself) is consuming him more then he could imagine. And, it is
obvious that in a short period of time, he will crash.

I bet that he already felt the potential salvation of a rope around his
neck.

Wont be long....

That said, i will only post for Diablo's related subjects from now on.

Louis

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in

> ArtDent wrote:
>>
>> Yea, my newsreader just told me it was downloading 29 messages for
>> this group, when it got done there was just this single post of yours
>> that I am replying to.
>> Someone, I forget who, mentioned the 'best' way, do not accept any
>> messages that are crossposted to more than 2 groups (some people post
>> to both agd and agd2). There were a couple people I had to killfile
>> as well, since they only posted to this group and either kooks or
>> religious whatever.
>> Lovin it again tho, nice and clean.
>
> One can also create a rule to expunge any post taht comes wit the
> newsgroup soc.culture.jewish in the groups list. This will trash them
> all on the fly, and avoid a person having to individually kill file
> people.

I would also include alt.usenet.kooks as a seperate rule, just to be on the
safe side.

--
Marcel
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

On 25-Aug-2005, Marcel Beaudoin <mbeaudoin@scintrextrace.com> wrote:

> > One can also create a rule to expunge any post taht comes wit the
> > newsgroup soc.culture.jewish in the groups list. This will trash them
> > all on the fly, and avoid a person having to individually kill file
> > people.
>
> I would also include alt.usenet.kooks as a seperate rule, just to be on
> the
> safe side.

At first I thought my newsreader did not offer me that option, but it
seems it does after all. In the exclude filter section I now have those
two ng's names listed (no place to specifically exclude posts to certain
ng's, just if something is in the headers and/or subject line) with an
'or' between them. I guess I don't have to check for a newer version yet
after all, hehe, saves me 50 bucks or so.
--
Not 1337, 42.

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in news:myoPe.1925$_84.988
@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

> At first I thought my newsreader did not offer me that option, but it
> seems it does after all. In the exclude filter section I now have those
> two ng's names listed (no place to specifically exclude posts to certain
> ng's, just if something is in the headers and/or subject line) with an
> 'or' between them. I guess I don't have to check for a newer version yet
> after all, hehe, saves me 50 bucks or so.

If you want a decent newsreader (that is free) might I suggest XNews...

http://xnews.newsguy.com/

--
Marcel
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

On that special day, ArtDent, (par@noyd.invalidname) said...

> Someone, I forget who, mentioned the 'best' way, do not accept any
> messages that are crossposted to more than 2 groups (some people post to
> both agd and agd2).

I followed the advice of Jaakko Raipala who proposed to killfile
everything that is cross-posted to soc.culture.jewish

My Gravity told me that header entries other than From: or Subject: are
not supported (ie it doesn't understand "path" or "Newsgroup:"), but it
still works like a charm. This calm is really refreshing.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

*sigh*

Upgraded, but Even the 3.0 release of Agent can't filter by group
cross posted from...

I've got the offending folks filtered in Agent format ("name1 | name2
| nameN...") if anyone wants it...

"Hmmm!" <lojo59ca@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

>> In a way, it is good for everyone. People need to be aware of how
>> rancid some people's hatred is. It is easy to forget how idiotic some
>> people are when you aren't exposed to it on a regular basis.
>>
>> Mickey
>
> I can imagine. (or may i?)
> But what really filled me with joy, me is the constatation that the
> hate that this person has toward you (and most likely for all jewishs,
> or all races else then his..or maybe even his own...most likely
> himself) is consuming him more then he could imagine. And, it is
> obvious that in a short period of time, he will crash.
>
> I bet that he already felt the potential salvation of a rope around his
> neck.
>
> Wont be long....
>
> That said, i will only post for Diablo's related subjects from now on.

Oui, c'est la meilleure chose a faire cependant je pourrais me tromper mais
je trouve votre message assez bizarre dans la manière que vous avez d'ëtre
assez complaisant envers celui que nous connaissons si bien. Ce que je veux
dire, c'est que je savais déja que votre message en etait un pour finalement
soutenir celui qui est responsable des spams que le groupe reçoit
présentement et en plus, vous le remerciez????? Çela me donne l'impression
que vous ëtes aussi Français que G.W. Bush.

Je pourrais me tromper Louis, mon cher cousin Fronçais ;oP qui s'appelle
peut-ëtre Luis finalement mais vous n'avez qu'a me répondre dans la langue
de Molière pour prouver hors de tout doute que vous ëtes réellement
Fronçais. ;oP

VD

"Hmmm!" <lojo59ca@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

>> In a way, it is good for everyone. People need to be aware of how
>> rancid some people's hatred is. It is easy to forget how idiotic some
>> people are when you aren't exposed to it on a regular basis.
>>
>> Mickey
>
> I can imagine. (or may i?)
> But what really filled me with joy, me is the constatation that the
> hate that this person has toward you (and most likely for all jewishs,
> or all races else then his..or maybe even his own...most likely
> himself) is consuming him more then he could imagine. And, it is
> obvious that in a short period of time, he will crash.
>
> I bet that he already felt the potential salvation of a rope around his
> neck.
>
> Wont be long....
>
> That said, i will only post for Diablo's related subjects from now on.
>
> Louis

Oui Lois, c'est la meilleure chose a faire cependant je pourrais me tromper
mais
je trouve votre message assez bizarre dans la manière que vous avez d'ëtre
assez complaisant envers celui que nous connaissons si bien. Ce que je veux
dire, c'est que je savais déja que votre message en était un pour finalement

Virtual Den wrote:
> "Hmmm!" <lojo59ca@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> >

> >> In a way, it is good for everyone. People need to be aware of how
> >> rancid some people's hatred is. It is easy to forget how idiotic some
> >> people are when you aren't exposed to it on a regular basis.
> >>
> >> Mickey
> >
> > I can imagine. (or may i?)
> > But what really filled me with joy, me is the constatation that the
> > hate that this person has toward you (and most likely for all jewishs,
> > or all races else then his..or maybe even his own...most likely
> > himself) is consuming him more then he could imagine. And, it is
> > obvious that in a short period of time, he will crash.
> >
> > I bet that he already felt the potential salvation of a rope around his
> > neck.
> >
> > Wont be long....
> >
> > That said, i will only post for Diablo's related subjects from now on.
>
> Oui, c'est la meilleure chose a faire cependant je pourrais me tromper mais
> je trouve votre message assez bizarre dans la manière que vous avez d'ëtre
> assez complaisant envers celui que nous connaissons si bien. Ce que je veux
> dire, c'est que je savais déja que votre message en etait un pour finalement
> soutenir celui qui est responsable des spams que le groupe reçoit
> présentement et en plus, vous le remerciez????? Çela me donne l'impression
> que vous ëtes aussi Français que G.W. Bush.
>
> Je pourrais me tromper Louis, mon cher cousin Fronçais ;oP qui s'appelle
> peut-ëtre Luis finalement mais vous n'avez qu'a me répondre dans la langue
> de Molière pour prouver hors de tout doute que vous ëtes réellement
> Fronçais. ;oP
>
> VD

Premièrement, je ne suis pas Français mais je suis par contre
francophone.
Deuxièment, ma gratitude envers Mickey ne concerne que le fait que le
portrait qu'il m'a dépeint du pollueur a changé ma colère en mépris
envers cet individu et ses interventions innoportunes. Et, comme chacun
sait, le mépris demande beaucoup moins d'énergie que la colère. En
bon paresseux, je ne puis donc que lui être reconnaissant.
De plus , même si il est indirectement la cause des ces spams, je
crois que la responsabilité en revient tout de même au parfait
imbécile qui les écrits...

Bien à vous,

Louis

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, wrote:

>> *sigh*
>>
>> Upgraded, but Even the 3.0 release of Agent can't filter by group
>> cross posted from...

I've noticed this, and let my opinion be known to Forte...

>> I've got the offending folks filtered in Agent format ("name1 | name2
>> | nameN...") if anyone wants it...

This is a list that gets obsoleted every time a poster changes name,
yes?

Gabriele: How do you dig up who Dr Flonkenstien is? Without an IP in
the headers it's out of SpamCop's capabilities.

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Gabriele Neukam wrote:

>> But the IP number should show up in the header, too, at least it does
>> in the messages retrieved from my ISP. Yours, for instance contains

Unfortunately, DrFlonk doesn't have an IP in his headers... I don't know
how he managed that...

>> There is probably a way to set headers to display more or less
>> information.

For me it's all or (almost) nothing; I see the IP of most posters and
can get SpamCop to give the posting hosts' abuse address. Since
DrFlonk's headers don't include an IP address, SpamCop just gives up.

>> However, that might be restricted to the commercial
>> version of the program. Look into the INI-file; maybe there is a hint.

I've got the full commercial version (check my headers)... and I show
all fields...

>> As the View...Settings option does allow for it, I made my Gravity

So Gravity allows the cross-post parsing that we need... excellent.

I've also an interest in forwarding the abusive cross-posts to the
posting host's abuse address enough to persuade the ISP to impose some
"line discipline".

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Gabriele Neukam wrote:

>> On that special day, Brian Brunner said...
>>
>> > Unfortunately, DrFlonk doesn't have an IP in his headers... I don't know
>> > how he managed that...
>>
>> I don't see him in my newsreader, so I had to extract an example from
>> Google Groups. Let us see.

>> From: "Dr. Flonkenstein" <a...@localhost.localdomain>

....snip...

>> It looks like he feeds into a weak system that doesn't require
>> authorization. Cyclone is a usenet router program, which is more or
>> less abandoned, if I understand
>> http://www.highwind.com/ correctly. The router then hands the stuff to
>> the Syrian university net (look at the news.maxwell.syr.edu entry).

I read that as the "US/New York State" city named Syracuse, from its
university there (see http://www.syr.edu/) with news.maxwell.syr.edu
looking much less like a Syrian machine (maxwell?) and more like a
Syracuse University physics department machine. Maxwell is a name in
physics, and "That cat's something I can't explain" has meaning as a
reference to Schroedinger's cat, another physics signature.

>> I don't know why the router or syr.edu don't insert any IP information,
>> but I think, he might be sitting in Syria, too.

If he's the news.maxwell.syr.edu system administrator, he could hack it
himself...

And the content of his postings indicates a high education and fluency
with English possible in other countries (Syria? That's pushing it) but
almost de rigueur in a Yankee university physics dept yokel that also
sysadmins the newsfeed there...

Time to make some contacts at Syracuse... Is anybody on this group an
Orangeman? (attendee at Syracuse)

On that special day, Brian Brunner, (brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet)
said...

> I read that as the "US/New York State" city named Syracuse, from its
> university there (see http://www.syr.edu/) with news.maxwell.syr.edu
> looking much less like a Syrian machine (maxwell?) and more like a
> Syracuse University physics department machine.

You'ree right. I should have taken a look at tjhis domain, I just was a
bit too tired yesterday evening, to do that. But least there is *one*
trace that me might follow. I hope you can alert the sysadmin on what
(maybe one of the students) is doing.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:05:32 GMT, Brian Brunner
<brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Gabriele Neukam wrote:
>
>>> But the IP number should show up in the header, too, at least it does
>>> in the messages retrieved from my ISP. Yours, for instance contains
>
>Unfortunately, DrFlonk doesn't have an IP in his headers... I don't know
>how he managed that...

You can buy software to do that.

>>> There is probably a way to set headers to display more or less
>>> information.
>
>For me it's all or (almost) nothing; I see the IP of most posters and
>can get SpamCop to give the posting hosts' abuse address. Since
>DrFlonk's headers don't include an IP address, SpamCop just gives up.

That's a shame.

>>> However, that might be restricted to the commercial
>>> version of the program. Look into the INI-file; maybe there is a hint.
>
>I've got the full commercial version (check my headers)... and I show
>all fields...
>
>>> As the View...Settings option does allow for it, I made my Gravity
>
>So Gravity allows the cross-post parsing that we need... excellent.
>
>I've also an interest in forwarding the abusive cross-posts to the
>posting host's abuse address enough to persuade the ISP to impose some
>"line discipline".

An excellent idea!

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, reneg~~de@anglic~~n.org (The Rev~~d) wrote:

>> >Unfortunately, DrFlonk doesn't have an IP in his headers... I don't know
>> >how he managed that...
>>
>> You can buy software to do that.

What you'd have to assert it that I could buy software that prevented
Verizon from putting its IP in my headers... Yes?

>> >I've also an interest in forwarding the abusive cross-posts to the
>> >posting host's abuse address enough to persuade the ISP to impose some
>> >"line discipline".
>>
>> An excellent idea!

That's what's being pursued.