Hi Guys

My company is using a Surestore 418 DLT tape drive. Anyone know the
capacity of these drives? Have seen literature that states 250GB, but I am
guessing that is across all 8 tapes. I am only getting 20GB per tape :(

Any ideas.

Thanks

The 418 autoloader is at 8 slot DLT 4000 loader. The DLT4000 drive is 20/40
Gb this meas 20 Gigs native (without compression) and more if the drive is
able to compress the data.

Best Regards

Johnny

"Nzarth" <nzarth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys
>
> My company is using a Surestore 418 DLT tape drive. Anyone know the
> capacity of these drives? Have seen literature that states 250GB, but I
am
> guessing that is across all 8 tapes. I am only getting 20GB per tape :(
>
> Any ideas.
>
> Thanks

Thanks Johnny

I thought so as I was using Hardware compression and only got 20GB, will try
software and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks again

"Johnson_dk" <johnson_dk_fjern_dette@post.tele.dk> wrote in message

> The 418 autoloader is at 8 slot DLT 4000 loader. The DLT4000 drive is
20/40
> Gb this meas 20 Gigs native (without compression) and more if the drive is
> able to compress the data.
>
> Best Regards
>

> Johnny
>

> "Nzarth" <nzarth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Guys
> >
> > My company is using a Surestore 418 DLT tape drive. Anyone know the
> > capacity of these drives? Have seen literature that states 250GB, but I
> am
> > guessing that is across all 8 tapes. I am only getting 20GB per tape :(
> >
> > Any ideas.
> >
> > Thanks

Nzarth <nzarth@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Johnny
>
> I thought so as I was using Hardware compression and only got 20GB, will try
> software and see if that makes a difference.

In most cases hardware compression should give you good results. In
any case, do not use hardware *plus* software compression as things
might even get worse, possibly even worse than uncompressed.

If you post again, then please mention your platform and OS and which
backup software you are using.