3 monitors with monitors 2 and 3 on either side of 1?

Noname37

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2010
Hey everyone.

Today I decided to connect my two old 17 inch LCD's to my computer to have 3 monitors.

I'm running a GTX 285 as my main card, and a GTS 250 to power one of the 2 extra 17 inch monitors.

Currently my problem is that I have it set up so that my main monitor (24 inch 1920x1200) is in the middle of the 2 17 inch ones, and windows thinks that its on the left end of the 3 so when I move my mouse to the right, it has to go through screen 2 which is actually on my left. I want to make it so that I can move my mouse to the right and to the left and it will go to the correct screen.

here is my current setup on my desk from left to right:

HP 17 inch(screen #2) -> Main Acer 24 inch (Screen #1) -> Another HP 17 inch(screen #3)

Again, the acer in the middle is my main.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide me with

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Right-click on your desktop background and choose "Screen resolution". From there, underneath where it says "Change the appearance of your displays", just click and drag the numbered icons of your monitors to reflect their placement on your physical desktop. Hit "OK" and you should be good to go!
Hint: If one monitor's stand is a little lower than another's, you can also adjust vertical position. I recommend moving your mouse pointer across the screens and making small adjustments to make sure the transitions between monitors are smooth and in the right place.