Status
Not open for further replies.

gabrielmmk

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
Sorry, I can't do 1500 :(

I just paid 800 bucks for parts on it to sell it so it looks brand new...

If your interested to bump that up to 2k shipped just hit me up.

thomasf94

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012

Will do, am currently looking at one, if that deal doesn't go through I may consider it, you've got a nice build there :)

JoiseyBill

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
To consider -

Alienware M17x R1
8GB / 2x 500 GB (RAID 0, presently)
Dual ATI 5850 cards in SLI,
3 fans - ( CPU, GPU1, GPU2)

Original battery, software, books, power brick, even original box, and all shipped disks.

Will ship and insure to US address .. I'm on East Coast.
Make a reasonable offer if interested.
Purchased 4 yrs ago for Christmas for myself - gaming / coding.

I'm running Win 7 Ultimate 64, but I'll restore it to factory-installed Win 7 Home Premium 32.

Only negatives I am aware of:
-- original battery, was good for about 1.5-2 hours new.. now useful for about 40 mins.
-- I cracked the hinge covers (part of the base metal casing) when I first pulled the power connector. - neatly epoxied back together, but you can see the cracks if you look.

I personally re-flowed the solder on the power connector, there was - but no longer is any problems there.
While it was apart, ( about 3 months ago) I also cleaned the muck and re-applied a proper amount of silver for the CPU heat sink.
Since I have torn down the whole system, I strongly doubt there is any other issue to worry about. It has worked fine for me since the power connector was fixed.

I may not check Toms' every day, but I can post more details and create an account so you can reach me personally if any interest.
* no low-balls.. this is still my primary gaming rig, so I'm selling this to make cash for a new one. Original cost was $2400 4 years ago.
Warranty came with 3 yr Alienware parts & service. expired 11 months, so I can still renew warranty if you want that as part of the deal.

thomasf94

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012

Nice, sounds cool. Although I am looking for R4 atm.. But I will definitely keep yours mind.

o320

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011

It's in MINT condition, R2 version.
Specs:
Intel Core i7 3610QM
Geforce 650m 2GB
12GB DDR3 RAM
500GB HDD + 32GB cache ssd
900p
Killer 1202 wireless card
Still has warranty on it.

Only problem you may have with it is that it in Nebula red. However, the laptop is in pretty much new condition because it has only been used with an external monitor, mouse, and keyboard.

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get any email notifications of you replying to my earlier message.

thomasf94

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012

No worries, how much you asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.