Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ultra Unexisting PC?

Last response: in Video Games
March 6, 2010 7:10:31 PM

Hello, im new here and i thought to share my crappy PC with everyone and ask one question.
My specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.8Ghz
2 GB RAM
Kingston 300 GB HDD (Disk C: somewhy says max is 298gb)
Realtek HD Audio Soundcard
Nvidia GeForce 8400GS
Intel Pentium III Xeon Processor. that is what should worry the military, me, and you.
I thought all pentium 3's have stopped production a few years ago, but i was wrong and i found that out only last year..
i asked a Gaming PC for my b-day last year but when i found out its pentium 3 i almost lost my brains!
I heard so many people with specs like mine (except for the pentium 3, afcourse)
running games like Assassin's Creed, GTA IV, Crysis, on the maximum settings, high res, but i cant even run gta iv properly. i run the game on medium-high, 800x600 res and average 11-15 FPS (benchmarking)
even when im in game and look on ground i get less then 20 FPS.
What should i do with this piece of thing that should be nuked except for to download alot of viruses or erase my C: drive and say it was becuz its too old xD
In a few months the computer will be 1 year old (1998-2010 + 1 = 13 years that Pentium 3's are made.)
Question - when i turn my comp on i see MSI Motherboard "V" Class sign but the Pentium 3 Xeon Processor actually belongs to Intel? http://www.intel.com/support/processors/pentiumiii/xeon...
Something wierd i cant understand ;P

More about : ultra unexisting

March 6, 2010 8:29:57 PM

I think you are confusing the E7400 and Pentium III as they are both CPU's that use different sockets - so cant possibly be in the same PC

download CPUz and it will give you the correct information about your CPu / Mobo / RAM
m
l
March 6, 2010 11:20:00 PM

I don't even know what you're asking
m
l
Related resources
March 7, 2010 11:47:43 AM

LePhuronn said:
I don't even know what you're asking

Im speaking about when i turn on the computer, i get a splash screen with text "MSI Motherboard V Class"
And my processor is Intel Core 2 Duo E7400, Pentium III Xeon Processor (which belongs to Intel)
so i just confused it all up, but now i see it with CPU-Z software :D 
so here are correct specs:
Processor
Name: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80 GHz
Codename: Wolfdale
Package : Socket 775 LGA
*BLAH BLAH BLAH*

Motherboard is from MSI,
Chipset from Intel, and so is the Southbridge (no idea what it means xd)

Anyway its a useful software when it comes to exact computer specs...
But still one last question.. If i had Pentium 4, with all the same specs, so would there be any difference between P4 and P3 Xeon in gaming??
I suspect that yes beacuse many people have same comp as mine but with P4 and they say they can play many modern games on high with no fps lag
m
l
March 7, 2010 6:44:51 PM

a P4 playing modern games? i dont believe it.
m
l
Anonymous
March 7, 2010 11:05:10 PM

You are seriously confused juppie, you have a c2d E7400 nothing else,,

And the reason that you cant play gtaiv is because of the crappy 8400gs graphics card, its absolutely useless in gaming, get a better card and upgrade your ram to 4gb whilst you are at it and you will sail smoothly from there in!!
m
l
March 8, 2010 7:40:31 PM

Remember guys, GTA IV is a crappy console port, so even with a nice rig, it still has problems.
m
l
March 12, 2010 1:07:44 AM

Your processor isn't necessarily the problem...it's your 8400gs... you might as well try using integrated graphics lol...jk...but you can't max things out with a small card like that. And btw, GTA4 doesn't mean anything, unless you have an i7, you will never max it out let alone ever get decent frame rates.
m
l
March 12, 2010 8:11:39 AM

Well from your comments i only get that you advice me to change Video Card and the RAM.
But shouldnt i change my Pentium 3 Xeon ??
I mean, in modern gaming the only things that play are pentium 4's lol
Never saw a gamer with Pentium 3, its so not allowed, its like sleeping with your mom O_O Like trying to eat soup with a fork.
m
l
March 12, 2010 2:06:12 PM

it is NOT a pentium 3

Pentium 3

what you have is a Core 2 that came out as intel's 5th generation Core 2

it went as follows
P I
P II
P III
P IV
PENTIUM D
CORE 2 DUO/CORE 2 QUAD(775)<this is what you got in dual core flavour at 2.8 ghz
I7 (1366)
I 5/ I 7 (1156)
I 3 (1156)
m
l
March 22, 2010 8:13:49 AM

Umm, every computer must have a pentium, no?
Or the c2d replaces the pentium ?
wow im confused as hell :D 
m
l
March 22, 2010 9:18:45 PM

its the evolutuin of technology its replaced with better and faster

the i7 is currently the best out
m
l

Best solution

March 22, 2010 11:37:27 PM

Juppie said:

NO the pentium is an old CPU. The c3d just replaced the pentium. (its newer)
so the pentium and c2d are both CPUs, and there can only be one in a computer. (please no one refer to those crazy server mobos lol)
March 23, 2010 1:37:03 AM

Juppie said:

You do not have a Pentium, you do not have a Xeon what you have is a Core 2 Duo. And no not every computer has a Pentium, fact.
m
l
March 30, 2010 10:14:57 AM

Best answer selected by Juppie.
m
l
!