Sign in with
Your question

Server searching answers

Last response: in Video Games
March 7, 2010 1:58:09 AM

So, I just made a new computer and put my old hard drive in it. After struggling with Windows for a few hours, I managed to get everything to work(except for the DVD drive, but that's not the point.)

However, as I try to play multi-player games, such as TF2 or Urban Terror, I cannot find any servers listed. I've tried finding servers via Xfire as well, to no avail.

In Xfire, it tells me that servers have indeed been queried, but none have responded nor connected. For instance, trying to find servers in TF2:

[0] Servers Passed Filter
(0 Server Responses / 7705 Servers Queried)

Same with Urban Terror. Curiously, after a few tries(as I'm typing this, actually), I got a server found... In france. But only one. Can anyone help me out with this problem?
March 7, 2010 6:49:42 PM

Is your internet working well? and what AV do you have? check for programs that could be blocking those servers.
m
l
March 7, 2010 6:54:33 PM

The internet works fine for everything else, very consistent. I do not currently run any active AV, though I scan with Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, and Threatfire constantly.

I have turned Windows firewall off, as well. I am not aware of any other firewalls present.
m
l
March 9, 2010 6:40:15 AM

I'm going to make a new thread, as this one is... Eh... Titled wrong.
m
l
!