1.11 stupidity

No, this isn't one of those boring "this suxx now!" rants every patch
before 1.11 created. I just thought that, considering the recent
invasion of stupids, the group could use some *on-topic* idiocy for a
change. So far, I've been playing just one sorceress who isn't very
far, but I've still managed to screw up in many amusing ways.

First blunder happened when I ran into the first Shael rune. "Hey,
cool, now I'll get 4 rows for the Nightsmoke I've been wearing for 20
levels!" Oops... 30 strength. No Nightsmoke for 6 levels. #¤#{¤!

The second happened when I finally found a 4-socketed merc stick for
Insight. So, all excited, I stick the runes in there and... it doesn't
work. It's a spear; Insight only works in polearms. #¤#{¤!

In the third blunder I finally found a 4-socketed polearm. I put it in
the cube to wait for the missing Tir and started hunting the countess.
Well, no Tir rune appeared, but I found a third flawless skull. One
careless click and... WTF?! Apparently socketed polearms now work with
the 3 flawless gems + weapon = socketed magic weapon recipe! Still no
Insight for me. #¤#{¤!

The fourth happened now when I found the next 4-socketed merc stick.
It's another spear. Now I'm out of Sol runes. #¤#{¤!

Damn I'm stupid.

Jaakko Raipala wrote:
> No, this isn't one of those boring "this suxx now!" rants every patch
> before 1.11 created. I just thought that, considering the recent
> invasion of stupids, the group could use some *on-topic* idiocy for a
> change. So far, I've been playing just one sorceress who isn't very
> far, but I've still managed to screw up in many amusing ways.
>
> First blunder happened when I ran into the first Shael rune. "Hey,
> cool, now I'll get 4 rows for the Nightsmoke I've been wearing for 20
> levels!" Oops... 30 strength. No Nightsmoke for 6 levels. #¤#{¤!
>
> The second happened when I finally found a 4-socketed merc stick for
> Insight. So, all excited, I stick the runes in there and... it doesn't
> work. It's a spear; Insight only works in polearms. #¤#{¤!
>
> In the third blunder I finally found a 4-socketed polearm. I put it in
> the cube to wait for the missing Tir and started hunting the countess.
> Well, no Tir rune appeared, but I found a third flawless skull. One
> careless click and... WTF?! Apparently socketed polearms now work with
> the 3 flawless gems + weapon = socketed magic weapon recipe! Still no
> Insight for me. #¤#{¤!
>
> The fourth happened now when I found the next 4-socketed merc stick.
> It's another spear. Now I'm out of Sol runes. #¤#{¤!
>
> Damn I'm stupid.

Heh. Orion posted a while back that he pulled the same trick, so I
have been *very* careful not to use a spear. My "problem" is that I
keep finding better 4 socket sticks, so I have to find the runes to
upgrade. So far I have 2 Insights and am debating whether to make a
third.

On the second night of the ladder, I was playing in a party and my son
turned out the lights in the room. I was in a tight situation and
frantically started pressing what I thought were hotkeys and ended up
drinking a beltfull of big purples!

D'oh!

Sean

I have not made that same mistake again!!!!

Thank God!!

Orion